Adenocarcinoma - scheduled for partial cystectomy

6 years 9 months ago #46712 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Adenocarcinoma - scheduled for partial cystectomy
Hello Lorraine... I just wanted to let you know that you have been in my thoughts and I am sending you my very best wishes for Thursday. I hope all goes well and you have the best outcome possible with your procedure. When you feel up to it, please check in to let us know how you are doing.

Best wishes... Catherine
Forum Moderator Team

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN
The following user(s) said Thank You: lorrainevalentine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #46721 by lorrainevalentine
Replied by lorrainevalentine on topic Adenocarcinoma - scheduled for partial cystectomy
Thank you! I will keep you posted. It's been busy with last minute details I need to take care of (work, finances, household, etc.). I plan to blog here to give my day by day (if I can) from the hospital of how things are going. My pre-op today was overwhelming (x-rays, EKG, blood, urine). It feels so serious. I know it's all standard and precautionary but I still worry. Monday I had an endometrial biopsy, and so today I started my period. (Yay - :'( Just wonderful, right? :) I gotta joke. Because this is too much.

Thank you again for your thoughts. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart!

6 years 9 months ago #46733 by lorrainevalentine
Replied by lorrainevalentine on topic Adenocarcinoma - scheduled for partial cystectomy
It's 1:51am (Arizoa time). I was a big ball of nerves prior to surgery but when I woke from surgery I was very confused. Was almost unsure if the procedure took place at all because my pain was next to nothing! Praise be to God! My biggest worry and it was taken care of. I have had the best team of doctors & staff caring for me. I just wanted to tell you that & express my appreciation to you again for communicating with me. :) blessings to you! I will be back later to tell more! :)

6 years 9 months ago #46734 by Flamenco.
Hi Lorraine,At 11 a.m. in Spain) So pleased your surgery went ok and the pain control is good so far. Will be thinking of you , and wishing you a swift and uneventful recovery xx
Diane

6 years 9 months ago #46737 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Adenocarcinoma - scheduled for partial cystectomy
Lorraine... How wonderful to hear from you so soon!!! I am so happy you have this part behind you and now you can concentrate on your recovery.

I remember the first time the nurses came in to get me up to walk on the evening of my surgery. Ouch! But it got easier each time. Rest as much as you can and hope you are out of there soon.

I look forward to future good reports!

Best wishes... Catherine
Forum Moderator Team

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

6 years 9 months ago #46742 by PDL05RN
Hi Lorraine! I'm glad to hear your surgery went well. I wish you have a speeding recovery! Also, make sure you are doing deep breathing exercise so you don't get post op pneumonia.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne