Just curios if this could mean more..

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #46894 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic Just curios if this could mean more..
In pathology reports you'll also see terms such as "papillary" or "papilloma." That refers to the appearance of the tumor as a protrusion from the bladder wall, sometimes looking like a mushroom or even a little cauliflower. This is the most common type.

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #46853 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Just curios if this could mean more..
Urothelial (transitional cell ) carcinoma IS the most common form of bladder cancer.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: melmac95

9 years 7 months ago #46849 by melmac95
Replied by melmac95 on topic Just curios if this could mean more..
Just curious.. I was sitting here looking re-reading the path reports and was wondering if urothelial (transitional cell ) carcinoma means anything besides the normal BC ? I know that the Dr did a US on the left kidney to make sure that it was ok. Something about the tumor was located by the tubes to the kidneys.

9 years 7 months ago #46847 by Cindy B.
Replied by Cindy B. on topic Just curios if this could mean more..
Glad to hear his side effects weren't so severe. I've had 2 now and I seem to have nausea the next day. No vomiting, just nausea. I found some ginger root capsules at the pharmacy and they help with the nausea.

It's a good thing he can take the day the day off for his treatment. I don't have enough sick leave left to do that, so I'm still having them late in the afternoon and getting in bed late. Being really tired may be part of the nausea, not sure.

You both are in my prayers.

Cindy
The following user(s) said Thank You: melmac95

9 years 7 months ago #46846 by melmac95
Replied by melmac95 on topic Just curios if this could mean more..
Husband had 1st BCG treatment yesterday morning. Things went good. Said it burned a little bit for awhile but as evening time came that part went away. He did seem real tired, slept most the afternoon away. But atleast we are on our way to getting threw the treatments..

9 years 8 months ago #46774 by Cindy B.
Replied by Cindy B. on topic Just curios if this could mean more..
I would ask your Dr. about sexual intercourse, because it's different for a man than it would be for a woman. I would think all the BCG should be out of his system by then, but don't know that for sure.

As for me, it's not going to happen for a while because my urethra is so irritated from all the procedures that NOTHING else is going to happen for a while. Don't know if it's the same for a man. Good question though.

I have never had a child so I have not gone through all the things most women go through with having a baby where they lose their inhibitions, but with this cancer thing, I'm learning to lose my inhibitions. I talk about things I never thought I would with people! LOL! I guess I'm learning how to be freer! LOL

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne