pain

9 years 9 months ago #46386 by Heather B.
Replied by Heather B. on topic pain
Great information... I will follow up with my urologist. I might need to find a new one. Thank you so much for your help.

Heather B.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #46385 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic pain
Heather, "UTI" like symptoms are very common with bladder cancer. I was having horrible UTI's for a year before a gyn told me to get to a urologist. I didn't have a UTI....you know the rest.

I assume that your urologist removed the tumors during a TURB? He/she can also give you meds to help with the discomfort. Be sure that you are being followed by a urologist with experience with bladder cancer....many mostly treat prostate problems and are not experienced in bladder cancer, particularly in women! It is good medical practice for a urologist to repeat the TURB a month or so later....very often other areas of cancer are missed during the first "look."

I am sorry to hear about your boyfriend's departure. I know it doesn't help now for me to say this, but you ARE better off without him!!

Please let us know how you are doing...we do care about you!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

9 years 9 months ago #46377 by Heather B.
pain was created by Heather B.
Hello,

I was diagnosis with Papillary urothelial carcinoma grade 1 stage pTa
3 weeks ago. I am 45 years old, single parent of 2 boys. My boyfriend of over a year also decided not to date me due to the cancer diagnosis.... I think he is scared.... like I'm not. Anyway,is it common to have slight pain. pain like when you have a UTI off and on and always when I urinate? Is that the cancer or something else?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne