Newly Diagnosed

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #46274 by hollimolli
Newly Diagnosed was created by hollimolli
Hello! My name is Holli and I am a 22 year old student in Oklahoma. A mass was found in my bladder on Monday and by Thursday I had a CT Scan and cystoscopy. Yesterday I was told that I had bladder cancer. The urologist has me scheduled Wednesday to have the tumor removed and he said he will burn off the area and insert chemotherapy directly into my bladder. Has anyone here had this done? What was it like? Did you have a good outcome? I'm still pretty in the dark on the type or stage of my cancer until the biopsy comes back. The closest thing I can come to describing what the tumor looked like was a sea anemone. I know nothing about bladder cancer and any research I have been trying to do was a little too overwhelming at this point.

I'm so glad to have found this forum and I appreciate any and all information anyone has and I would love to hear your stories. I would love to make some new friends here! Any support is good support. Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all the Mother's who are reading!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne