Newly Diagnosed

10 years 2 months ago #45881 by Jar
Newly Diagnosed was created by Jar
I was diagnosed with bladder cancer early December. TURBT on December 17th, stage 1 high grade, TCC, 2.5 cm. I have had 1 BCG, then UTI so I had to skip a weekly BCG, 2nd BCG tomorrow, I hope. Want to get on with the treatments.

First BCG went well, peed a few black spots and a blood clot. Hopefully that means the treatment is working.

My doctor has not mentioned or indicated that I should have another TURBT. Which seems to be the norm here? My doctor is not talkative, if I don't ask her won't tell me anything. I had to get the pathology report to grade my own cancer sincef he could not when asked.

I should also explain, I am retired military. I have TRICARE insurance. Very limited on what doctors I can see. I have also overheard a few conversations by the Doctors employees in which they basically ridiculed TRICARE. The nurses are VERY aware of my insurance carrier, which seems odd to me. Why would a doctor participate in TRICARE if he/she felt it did not pay enough. Leaving me to wonder if I am getting 3rd class medical care.

My wife is not handling this well. Thinks I will be gone by years end. I have invited her to go to the doctor with me tomorrow and ask questions. The doctor did talk to her immediately after the TURBT.

That's my story. I will update as time goes on. This seems to be a hidden disease with very little good information out there. Best info seems to be your own experiences, so thanks for sharing them.

Joel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne