Preparing for BCG

9 years 10 months ago #46281 by kwhite65
Replied by kwhite65 on topic Preparing for BCG
I just had my first BCG treatment less than 2 days ago. The worst has been the frequency and the burning. After my next I'm gonna try the water 15min before urinating and drinking water that night. Hopefully it will make a difference. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 day ago #46128 by AnneH
Replied by AnneH on topic Preparing for BCG
I've just completed my fourth of six BCG treatments, first two I had flu like symptoms and fregency but nothing I couldnt handle. The third treatment same but added to that was burning and some bleeding. The fourth I followed what I did on the first two which was fifteen minutes before it was time to urinate I drank several bottles of water and an additional one through the night. I had no burning and no bleeding just felt funky the first 24hours.

Good luck with your treatment I was prepared for the worst and honestly it was nothing I couldn't handle.

Anne

10 years 1 week ago #46079 by Joey
Replied by Joey on topic Preparing for BCG
Mike, I was DX in November 2007 with a low grade tumor. During my initial follow up after 6 BCG treatments one pathologist said I had a recurrence of focal CIS. both the cytology and Fish tests were negative and several other pathologist said I had displasia.

Over the next several years I have had a total of 30 BCG treatments with no recurrences. So I am 6.5 years from dx and 6 years from my recurrence. My recent cysto was good and scheduled for next cysto January 2015.

Joey

10 years 2 weeks ago #46071 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic Preparing for BCG
Good luck Mike. It is definitely a journey ...not a sprint:)
If all goes well along the way, you really don't think about the bladder cancer all the time (I know it seems impassive to you right now)
Before my yearly cystoscope I am very nervous

Namcy

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07
The following user(s) said Thank You: raider

10 years 2 weeks ago #46069 by raider
Replied by raider on topic Preparing for BCG
That's awesome Nancy, thanks for taking the time to reply. it is something I guess that will always be in the back of your mind but a once a year cystoscopy is not such a bad thing. I have many BCG treatments to go, going in for my second next Tuesday.

Regards,
Mike

10 years 2 weeks ago #46067 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic Preparing for BCG
I was dx'd with CIS 2007. I did 23 BCG washes over a two year period. Although bladder cancer can and does return in some cases, the further out one gets "clear " cystoscope and CT scans, I was told the odds are more in my favor of staying cancer free.
There have been cases on here that have re-appeared as long as 10 yrs. later. That is why we continue to be screened.

I do consider myself Cancer free after 6 1/2 years because as of my last check up I am! :)

Nancy

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne