In Situ with lymph node involvement???

10 years 6 months ago #45423 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic In Situ with lymph node involvement???
Your dad seems to be on the right path. If your dad told his first uro that the BCG made him feel better the uro should have known something wasn't right because BCG does not make one feel better.

Mine metastasized 4+ years after bladder and prostate removal. However, I've just had my second all clear CT scan results today.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #45418 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic In Situ with lymph node involvement???
Ouch. It is so unfortunate that so often bladder cancer is mis-diagnosed and treatment is delayed. So sorry to hear this. It is wonderful that you have sought a second opinion at a University medical center.

Best wishes to you and your father.

Sara Amme

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

10 years 6 months ago #45416 by Branrx
Replied by Branrx on topic In Situ with lymph node involvement???
Well, the second opinion did in confirm bladder cancer mets. And it had in fact penetrated through bladder and into prostate. Apparently my dad has been seeing a urologist for 3 years and was being treated for prostitis. We are upset this wasn't accurately diagnosed sooner. His lymph node involvement involves 3 nodes apparently. The physician, my dad received 2nd opinion from , is apparently a world renowned doctor at UCLA, and wants my dad to start chemo stat and then remove both bladder and prostate. My dad is in shock as his BSG treatment was making him feel better than he's felt in quite awhile.

Anyway, we need prayers

10 years 6 months ago #45415 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic In Situ with lymph node involvement???
You have a lot going on here!! Your father is doing absolutely the right thing in getting a second opinion..ASAP. Where is this being done?

Until you have checked out all the possibilities, it is hard to know exactly what is going on. Have the lymph nodes been biopsied? CIS (carcinoma in situ) IS considered high grade, which means that it does have the potential to spread rather rapidly.

Best of luck to you and your father...

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #45412 by Branrx

My dad, 66, was recently diagnosed with bladder cancer. As you can see from diagnosis, it was assumed to be non invasive(?). He has been receiving BSG treatment. Today, 3 weeks later, latest scan showed lymph node involvement. I have not seen the report except that it's two lymph nodes above kidneys and one enlarged higher up, as told to me by mom. He goes in for second opinion tomorrow and if concurred will discontinue BSG and start chemo on Wednesday.

Does this make sense, that a non invasive mass(a) have metastasized? Could a false positive be possible.
Thank you
Attachments:

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne