× Welcome click the New Topic button to post

what to do now?

7 years 3 months ago #44984 by Flamenco.
One of our members, Moonerj (Jack), I believe founded a Bladder Cancer Support Organisation in Canada - maybe make contactwith him for advice on where to look for a center in Canada that specializes in bladder cáncer?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #44982 by CatherineH
Hello and welcome to our forum... I can tell you are very anxious about this recent development for your loved one. It is a scary time especially in the beginning when so many questions and fears are swirling around in our brains.

First things first... how was the diagnosis made if the biopsy results are not back? That will determine the next step and form a basis for the treatment plan. Has the doctor recommended surgery, and if so, was he/she referring to bladder removal? And, what was said about chemo? When the final pathology is back, the doctor will recommend their best course of treatment. Your instincts are right on with wanting to get started as soon as possible.

There are several excellent hospitals in the U.S. that specialize in bladder cancer. If you can tell us your location in Canada, perhaps we can suggest one that would be closer to you. We do highly recommend a second opinion especially in invasive bc, whether you do it there or in the U.S., with a top bladder cancer center.

I know you are worried and scared, and I'm sure your relative is too. Keep in mind that bladder cancer is treatable, and we are here to provide whatever information we can based on the many experiences of our members.

Best wishes...

Best wishes... Catherine
Forum Moderator Team

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #44979 by pepeven
A relative was diagnosed with bladder cancer. High grade tumor, but not invassive to other organs or bones. althoygh it seems the muscle has been invaded by the tumor.

We are in Canada, but we are thinking about a second opinion in one of the top medical centers in the US.
We had de first diagnosis and a cystoscopy on the the 16th of june, but we have to wait the biopsia until july 10th (because the doctor was out of the city one week). Menawhile, we are very nervous, we want to proceed with the treatment ASAP.

What do yo do? Do you do the surgery in one of the top hospitals in the US? the Chemeotherapy could be done in Canada or should we do it also in the US?

We are very anxious!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add Files.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne


Total Online: 0 Users and 121 Guests 


Today Total Opened: 0 Today Total Answered: 4 Latest User: gperneczky
Yesterday Total Opened: 0 Yesterday Total Answered: 4
Total Posts: 54351 Total Subjects: 7131 Total Users: 6724