in waiting for sugery

10 years 10 months ago #44883 by bryan16
Replied by bryan16 on topic in waiting for sugery
Good luck in your surgery well my friend encounter same as you and he's afraid and now he successfully done its surgery.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #44745 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic in waiting for sugery
Celeste,

Glad your surgery is behind you and that the BC is non-invasive. The 3 month check ups are most important.

Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

10 years 11 months ago #44740 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic in waiting for sugery
Celeste, it IS good news for now. However, remember that one of the major issues with bladder cancer is that is tends to return. That is why the 3 month checkups are so critical. Please do everything you can to have these done. It is very important.

Thinking of you

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

10 years 11 months ago #44737 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic in waiting for sugery
Celeste... I am so happy to hear that your bc is non-invasive and that your doctors feel confident that they got everything. I am very sorry you are having all your other medical difficulties. Having fibro adds another layer of difficulty onto many situations... I know because I have it too. Take care and I do hope you can work things out to get your 3-month followup. It is so important to stay ahead of any recurrence.

Best wishes...
Catherine

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

10 years 11 months ago #44736 by Celestel1st
Replied by Celestel1st on topic in waiting for sugery
Just reporting in on this. Surgery done, it was non-invasive, low grade and the dr got it all. He will be checking it again in 3 months, that is if I can manage to come up with over $500 before then. I have no insurance and we live on 1360 a month with no additional aids. Well my husband has VA medical, but does nothing for me. Oh well. The urologist and anesthesiologist got on my case a bit about my teeth. They are beyond bad. I got an exam and consult for free on them and was told I need to go to an oral surgeon. I called around and came up with another place which is cheaper for dentures and removals. Still it will amount to somewhere in the range of $1000. They may have to wait another 4 to 6 months on that. Money sure is scarce and everything is getting more expensive. Anyway, I'm good for now.

11 years 3 weeks ago #44399 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic in waiting for sugery
Celeste,
Glad that you have got your surgery scheduled.
God bless you,
Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver
The following user(s) said Thank You: Celestel1st

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne