had the tur-bc friday

11 years 2 weeks ago #44321 by seabreeze
Replied by seabreeze on topic had the tur-bc friday
congratulations on the good news Chuck, God's blessing upon you!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: chucks27

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 weeks ago #44316 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic had the tur-bc friday
WooHoo!!!! Glad to hear your good news, Chuck. What a relief!! See you at the chat on Sunday.

Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #44314 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic had the tur-bc friday
Chuck!!! That is GREAT news and I know the world just lifted off your shoulders.

The same thing happened to me back in 2010... I held it together from diagnosis in early January until my surgery late February. When I got home that Sunday, was preoccupied just trying to get around without too much pain. On Tuesday the phone rang, the nurse said path report back with clear margins and nothing in lymph nodes. I could barely eek out the words "thank you" because all that pent up emotion came flooding out... waterworks! And, just reading your post brings tears of joy for you!

And, as Mike stressed, you MUST keep those 3-month cysto appointments, and gradually six-months. It is the best defense against that darn stuff creeping back on you.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

11 years 2 weeks ago #44313 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic had the tur-bc friday
:woohoo: Great news Chuck! No matter how tempting it may be in the future do not skip your regular follow up schedule.

Best of luck for a cancer free forever.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

11 years 2 weeks ago #44312 by chucks27
Replied by chucks27 on topic had the tur-bc friday
Great news after hearing from the Urologest Monday............ he had to go deep in the bladder wall to remove the cancer, he took pictures before and after and gave them to my wife so she could see what was going on. I had to stay overninght till Saturday about 1 pm ...... and here is the Patholigy report, in lamen terms. it was NONIVASIVE and he said there was less than a 5% chance it would grow back. i still have to have 3 months check ups with him. No kemo or radiation. no pills no nothing to take. he was satisfied he got it all and we had caught it eairly I have never been so relived in my life. when he told me the path results I lost it emotionly i had to give the phone to Cindy I cried like a baby for about 15 mins. just could not stop. I was just so happy. it really takes a lot to get me to that point, So it looks like I have a new start on life, there is a lot I need to do now to make sure my family is taken care of.
I will see you all Sunday in Chat.

ONE Happy Dude
Chuck
The following user(s) said Thank You: seabreeze

11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #44284 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic had the tur-bc friday
Chuck,

Glad that the TURB is behind you. Know you will be overjoyed to see the doc on Thursday and have the catheter out. Thinking of you here in the Knoxville area and wishing you the best as you recover. Hope we'll see you on the chat tonight again!

Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne