Pain after radical cystoprostatectomy

11 years 2 months ago #43896 by Tintagle
Replied by Tintagle on topic Pain after radical cystoprostatectomy
Thank you for your helpful comments, George. Im gonna follow your lead in dicontinuing or greatly reducing the narcotic pain pills (lortab 10 ) and toughing iy out as u said.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #43893 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Pain after radical cystoprostatectomy
Holy Cow! Just Home and you've been through the RC without finding us? This is exactly the same with me. I found this site just after my surgery. We are practically Related somehow!

As for the pain.
This is a personal issue. Some feel the pain much more severly than others. I was so afraid of being "hooked" I filled the Loritab prescription but never used one. I just found some comfortable positions and used Advil.
But I am not advocating the "tough it out" approach if the pain is unbearable for you. I did find that during the staple removal I tried 1/2 of the tablet and it worked wonders...... slept for 4 hours.

Fine out what works for you. But I found that the pain pills I took while in the hospital, really stopped me up stool-wise. After I quit the pills, I was able to get the whole system going.

Good Luck with your recovery and thanks for finding us!

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

11 years 2 months ago #43891 by Tintagle
Pain after radical cystoprostatectomy was created by Tintagle
Hello out there! This is my firt time ever to join a forum. 6 days ago i underwent radical cystoprostatectomy and ilial conduit and am now at home. Pain and abdominal swelling pretty tough. Needing to take pain pills every 4-6 hrs Good Doc support no signs of infection can anyone tell me how long they stayed with pain ans swelling?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne