second set of bcg treatment and lots of pain

11 years 3 months ago #43727 by ric132
Thank you Mike, this was just the first time i had any blood more than 1 day after treatment, i will just keep a close eye on things and see what happens, if i am still bleeding on treatment day i need to let my doc know and will they still go with treatment.

Thank you
Rich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #43721 by mmc
Rich,

That's normal. As always, whenever you have a concern also ask your urologist.
BCG is supposed to cause an immune system response and blood is very often present after treatment.

It does not always happen and it does not always start the same day as treatment. Hang in there!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

11 years 3 months ago #43720 by ric132
hi everyone, i have a problem, i got up this morning and now i am bleeding when i go to the bathroom, had bcg on thur no blood on fri or sat. now there is a bloody mix with Urine. not sure what to do. any ideas?

thanks Rich

11 years 3 months ago #43717 by mmc
All the water you can hold. Always good to drink lots of water. Flush the system out.

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

11 years 3 months ago #43716 by ric132
Thank you for all your input, My Doc said is was ok to try pyridium and if it is just to much to handle call him back and we will figure it out. Had one more question, how much water do you drink after you hold it as long as 2 hours.

thanks very much
Rich

11 years 3 months ago #43715 by Gary2
Rich - I had my third round of bcg in June (second set of 3 instillations) and it was a lot worse than the first two, not severe, but lasted longer. it took a week to ten days to get to feeling somewhat normal as far as energy.
I think staying warm and sleeping a lot seem to help. I also do yoga and tae chi, but the day of and day after treatments, there ain't no way!

Listen to the others on this forum - they are the elder statespersons (although I am probably the oldest person here) - I find them very helpful and honest. Maybe some day we can be the "go to guys"!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne