7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago#43434by Alan
The biopsy is called a TURB (transurethal re-section of the bladder). I had a papillary tumor 4 1/2 years ago so I assuming the stalk your URO talked about is probably papillary. Once you get the pathology report you'll know more. One item that most of us that have had BC, many will encourage you to possibly have a second opinion especially if it turns out to be cancer. Also, that could mean a CT scan to be sure there isn't other involvement such as kidneys or other tests including a second TURB to be sure margins are done properly as BC is often understaged etc. Second, if so you want a URO that does a lot of bladder cancer-practice does make perfect-and so many are concentrated on the prostate. Someone of this forum should have a recommendation on where for a second opinion-are you in Florida? You will no more after 11/28. Keep posting as so many have different information.
DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Alan. Reason: clarity
So sorry your Dad is having such bad nausea. I have not heard of nausea being associated with bladder cancer, but I am sure others will chime in. I am a caregiver, too, and a month's wait for the surgery would give me anxiety too. Bless you. Hope things get better soon.
Hi Everyone. I am new to this site and have read so much and gained so much information hoping to get a jump start on my education of bladder cancer. I'm hoping I can get some feed back on our family's situation. My father who will be 83 this month has been having some issues with his health. This man has never been sick, not on any medication, lifts weights daily jogs and does 150 pushups a day. About 2 months ago he started feel nauseaus and began having constipation. No urination issues, no blood in the urine. He's lost 15 pounds.After many many tests at the VA, they found a mass in his bladder. After a cystoscopy, the doctor described the tumor as a stalk. He also believes it to be an early stage cancer. He isn't scheduled for another cystoscopy under anesthesia with a biopsy until Nov 28th. My question is this. With all the others out there on this blog have you experienced these symptoms? The nausea is taking him over. The doctors have tried all the antinausea meds there are and nothing works. It either makes him sicker or does nothing. Do these symptoms go with bladder cancer? We can't get a straight answer out of the doctors and it seems unfair to make him continually suffer with this. Also, are my feelings of anxiety of waiting a month to have this done founded? Or since they think it's early stage a month is ok? Any helpful advice would be so appreciated!