Mom died from BC & now I\'m afraid I have it

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #43403 by Nix
Hi, Welcome to our site, but sorry you have to be here. Take a deep breath and try to relax. We all know how you feel, we have "been there and done that". The first thing is to have the biopsy and get the results. To answer your first question, normally you will be and out patient and sent home from recovery. Yes you will be totally out during the biopsy.
It is always good to get a second opinion, so after you have the results search for the best doctor for bladder cancer, at the best available hospital. Depending what the results of the pathology are, you and your doctor will decide the best treatment to pursue.
My brother also had bladder cancer and he is 8 years out and had a neo-bladder. He is doing great.
I had CIS and was treated with BCG and I am 5 years out.
Bladder cancer can be treated and life can go on. Keep reading all the information you can, and get that second opinion and you will be on the right track.
I am sure many more will respond your questions. Feel free to ask anything here, we will all try to help.

Nancy

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #43402 by bostonterrierlover
Mom died from BC & now I\'m afraid I have it was created by bostonterrierlover
I am new and am a female. I have had bladder infection symptoms off and on for over a year...blood in urine, back pain, frequency, burning. Most of the time, I don't have an infection. I had a cystoscopy last Wednesday and the Urologist was pretty sure from the looks of things that I have bladder cancer. I am scheduled for a biopsy this Friday (can't get here soon enough!). I was wondering what side effects you had from the biopsy and were you put completely out for the procedure? Did you go home that same day? If I do have the cancer, I would like to get a second opinion, but hate to prolong treatment. How many of you got a seccond opinion? I would also like to know if anyone has any suggestions on the best place to go to be treated for bladder cancer. Thanks for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne