New and in this for my Father; hoping for info.

11 years 5 months ago #43364 by Joyce23
Thank you, and hope all goes well for you too!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #43363 by Joyce23
Thank you.

11 years 5 months ago #43360 by AASTEAPOTS
Replied by AASTEAPOTS on topic New and in this for my Father; hoping for info.
My urologist told me today that I have WBC in my urine and that I DO NOT have an infection. He said they are there because of inflammation of the bladder. I dont know if that helps at all. sorry about your Dad. I hope all goes well for him.

11 years 5 months ago #43353 by mmc
Joyce,

You should have him ask the doctor the stage and grade. It may be a few things.

BCG is live tuberculosis vaccine and can cause sepsis if it gets in the blood stream.
If there is blood in the urine then they postpone.

Not getting the treatment plus/minus a couple/few weeks has shown no reduced efficacy so it is not really a problem.

The White Blood Cells MAY indicate infection. It depends on how high. It could be nothing to worry about and there is a lot of discussion going on about overuse of antibiotics so it would not be automatic to jump to antibiotics.

The short answer is "everything sounds about right".
:)

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

11 years 5 months ago #43352 by Joyce23
Hello: My Dad has recently been Dx with BC and I am not sure what stage and neither do my parents, as they don't ask things like this. I do know it isn't invasive as far as the muscle goes, but as to which stage - remains questionable.

He had the tumors removed and began his first BCG Tx last week, through the week he has passed a few blood clots and at his appt. today they didn't do Tx because he has blood and WBC in his urine. I understand WBC means an infection, so my question is, should he be given an antibiotic or even advised to see his Dr.? They just sent him home and rescheduled for the following week, adding an extra week of Tx for this missed/rescheduled BCG Tx.

The Dr. did not even f/u with a cystoscopy following the surgery before his first Tx of BCG, which is only instilled by the LVN.

Any advice is much needed and wonderfully appreciated.

Joyce

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne