Potential RC. Providence,R.I.

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #42947 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Potential RC. Providence,R.I.
Sorry you are part of our "club". You are smart being diligent and asking questions and there are many with good info. I am not familiar with the Boston area but check back in the next few days someone familiar in that area should have a good recommendation. You want someone that does a heavy case load of BC as many UROS domore prostate problems. On the wait. Obviously you want clarity but, usually a couple of weeks won't be a big problem as you are basically a month from your initial DX. Abscence of knowing where to go often a teaching hospital is good. Getting a second opinion is also extremely important as this cancer is often under staged. Which in most cases normally call for a second TURB (transurethal resection of the bladder) to be sure you know what you are dealing with staging and grade.

DX 5/6/2008 TAG3 papillary tumor .5 CM in size. 2 TURBS followed by 6 instillations of BCG weekly with a second round of 6 after a 6 week wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #42945 by realdeal
Potential RC. Providence,R.I. was created by realdeal
Hello everyone. This July 27th. I had cysto and biopsy done. It came back with a discrepancy. The first part stated no invasion seen. No muscle identified. 2/3 down the report Muscularis propia (detrusor muscle) is present?? Go to my local hospital to get a second opinion August 13. The oncologist, who pointed that out to me, sent for the slides and a cat scan that I was told came out negative. This Monday August 27th. I have my appointment to see the doctor and another doctor that I had to wait the 2 weeks because he was on vacation. I definitely was not to thrilled about having to wait. Anyway, I am preparing my mind that the cancer is invasive. If I have to end up having a Cystectomy, Boston,Ma. has entered my mind. Does anyone know of any good doctors in Boston and it seems the 2 hospitals stand out are Mass General and Dana Farber Brigham and Women's. I am sorry if some of my spelling is not the best. Any and all opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thank-You. Louie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne