Diagnosed, removed, waiting on biopsy report

11 years 6 months ago #43218 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Diagnosed, removed, waiting on biopsy report
I had a CT scan before my TURBT in January 2010. I have been scanned yearly starting in Oct. 2010 (pelvic and abdominal). Going for my 3rd one next week. I go through the scanner 4 times, without contrast on my back, then turn over and scan laying on my stomach, then repeat with contrast.

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #43213 by shihtzudaddy
Replied by shihtzudaddy on topic Diagnosed, removed, waiting on biopsy report
I have a FEELING to urinate which comes on FAST - like NOW. I run to the BR and only urinate a small amount. Or it seems to me to be a small amount. I still have the feeling to urinate but nothing comes out. After a FEW minutes that feeling goes away.

The last scope was done Monday (this is Tue of the following week). The cath came out last Friday so this is day 4 without the cath. Is the frequent need to urinate due to the short time frame?

Toby & Kathy

11 years 6 months ago #43208 by Joey
Yes I had a CT scan and then a MRI before the surgery.

Joey

11 years 6 months ago #43207 by shihtzudaddy
Replied by shihtzudaddy on topic Diagnosed, removed, waiting on biopsy report
Doable is very important. CT Scan in at 8 this morning. I think once we get past that, and get a good report with no further cancer, we can handle this. It's so scary.

Did you all have a CT Scan with your testings?

11 years 6 months ago #43200 by Joey
I was dx in 12/07 with low grade then had a recurrence of CIS in May 2008. I have had 30 BCG treatments without a recurrence since 05/08. I too after my initial surgery lost my taste for several days, but it did come back. Strange. As far as side effects from the BCG the first 6 were mild but since I have had almost all of the side effects at one time or another, chills, fever, frequency, burning, rash, being tired, however all would resolve within 3 days with the exception of some mild burning and frequency. This is very doable.

Joey

11 years 6 months ago #43199 by DougG
Kathy,

Doug has not "taken the wheel" yet! Its okay if Toby lets you "drive". Sorry to hear that he is having urgency. Does he have any pyridium (the drug that turns the urine orange and relaxes the bladder)? Please give the urologist a call!

The one food that Doug's doctor has encouraged is cruciferous vegetables -- brocolli and cauliflower. Doug eats brocolli just about every day.

Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne