Newly diagnosed and happy that this site is here.

11 years 8 months ago #42541 by upnorth
Only 24 hours to go Kevin. :)

See things are looking up already!

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #42540 by Joey
Hi Kevin I had one recurrence of CIS within 5 months after initial dx of TA low grade. I was DX in December 2007 and the recur was May 2008. Some 30 BCG treatments later,I have not had another recurrence and am doing fine with my next 6 month follow up in December. It has been tough at times for a short period of time but well worth it based on results.

Joey

11 years 8 months ago #42539 by Nix
Hi Kevin,
Sorry you had to meet us under the circumstances, but you will find so much information here, soon you will know what to expect and how to be your best advocate with Bladder Cancer.
I also had CIS and was so scared when I heard the word! I started out with Ta and a year later it was CIS.
My Uro and I started BCG, as Mike said that is very effective for CIS. After 24 BCG washes, I am going for my 5 years check up in Aug. :)
We are here to help you when you have questions, and believe me, I had lots of questions.
Just take a deep breath and continue to learn all you can, we are all still learning.
Good Luck,
Nancy

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

11 years 8 months ago #42538 by mwestport
HI Mike,

I've only gone out 2 times with this thing. It is freaky to walk around with an open sphincter. Poor thing keep trying to clam up. Might get better with practice but why bother. I wrote off the whole week when I heard about this. Beats the bleeding and hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. Looking forward to getting a treatment plan. The Tragedy in Colorado sure threw some perspective on my situation. Talk to you soon.

Kevin

11 years 8 months ago #42537 by mwestport
Hi Anita, I missed the chat room but will check in next time. I am in Boston. Nice to hear from you all.
Kevin

11 years 8 months ago #42536 by mwestport
Hi mark,

I am using the time for study and lots and lots of movies. Can't wait for Tuesday to have this Foley removed.

Kevin

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne