2 years this month!

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #42434 by upnorth
Replied by upnorth on topic 2 years this month!
Boy its nice to hear good news once and a while! :)

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #42432 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic 2 years this month!
Oh Carla, that is GREAT news. And Please do come back to encourage others. IMHO that is one of the most important things we can do. For someone newly diagnosed, it is the "aloneness" of it all.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

11 years 9 months ago #42430 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic 2 years this month!
Carla and Jim... That is such wonderful news to hear. You two have been a formidable team against this BC beast. Your message of not giving up in the face of less than favorable news is a lesson for everyone here.

Best wishes,
Catherine

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

11 years 9 months ago #42429 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic 2 years this month!
Carla,

That's GREAT NEWS!!!!

Say hello to Jim for me. I'm glad everything is going well and glad my suggestions helped you two!

All the best for continued cancer free lives!!!!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

11 years 9 months ago #42424 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic 2 years this month!
That was an uplifting post - really pleased to hear that Jim is still doing ok.A big hug for you both and thanks for letting us know,
Diane

11 years 9 months ago #42422 by jimswife
2 years this month! was created by jimswife
It's been a long time since I've posted and I wanted to let folks know that as of Jim's June 20th CT he is still cancer free until proven otherwise! Those of you who had taken me under their wings when I arrived here know how bad it was for Jim. He went into his RC/IC as a stage III bc patient and came out with a stage IV. To say I was scared witless is a gross understatement. i wanted to let people who may come to the forum know that even with stage IV bc it doesn't always mean you have just moments to live. Not by a long shot. Mind you the journey isn't always easy with chemo etc but it is doable with the goal being to live.

Jim and I have always followed Mike's very good suggestion to have cance free times, and cancer free zones. Those suggestions, Mike, were some of the best. That way our entire lives weren't consumed day in and day out with bc being our only discussions. It helped us keep our sanity when we truly thought we might lose it! I will always be grateful and thankful for some of the very caring people on this forum.

My plan is to come back more often and try to offer support to some of the new comers who are as scared as I was in July 2010.

Take care all and live life to it's fullest!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne