Trying to understand..

11 years 10 months ago #42196 by Joey
Replied by Joey on topic Trying to understand..
I had a recurrence at my first check up but have not had another in 4 years with BCG treatments.

Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #42195 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic Trying to understand..
Unfortunately bladder cancer does return, that is why you are having three month cystos and your Uro is keeping a watchful eye.
Find out the results of your biopsy, talk with your Uro, do as much research on this site and the web, then go for a second opinion to a Uro that only deals with Bladder Cancer.
I know it seems impossible right now (we have all been where you are) but the more you learn the better you will be able to deal with Bladder Cancer.
I am happy you found us. This website has helped all of us understand Bladder Cancer, and we will be here to help whenever you need us.
Take care,
Nancy

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

11 years 10 months ago #42194 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic Trying to understand..
It is not unusual to have recurrences of bladder cancer. That is why it is so important to keep those 3 month check ups! It is probably time for you to consider a second opinion with a top bladder cancer doctor. You are in NY? Others will recommend where you should go. Has your doctor recommended treatment (BCG or Mitamyacin)? Please consider joining the Sunday evening chat on this site at 8 PM EST. There will be others there who have been in your shoes.

Best wishes,
Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

11 years 10 months ago #42192 by DB67inNY
Trying to understand.. was created by DB67inNY
In November of 2011 I went into the hospital for a simple bladder lift surgery. The doctor gave us the news after that he found a tumor. Those days waiting for the pathology report were torture, and sure enough it was cancerous. Non-invasive, but still cancer. In March I went in for my 3 month check and there was nothing. But yesterday I went for my next 3 month check and there was another tumor. Now to wait yet again for the pathology. I'm trying to understand exactly what is going on.. is it normal that a tumor came back so quickly? Or is it really that quick at all? And will it happen again? Should I be seeing someone other than my urologist for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne