I didnt believe it but...

11 years 11 months ago #42037 by Markq
Replied by Markq on topic I didnt believe it but...
Welcome,

I was diagnosised somewhat young myself with a wife, 7 and 3 year old. It's been a year and a half for me with to reocurrence since my initial TURBT. I get scoped on a regular basis and follow Dr. Lamm's BCG protocol. I've made a few lifestyle changes, but other than that life is much the same as it was before for me. I've done some research on reocurrences/progression just so I'll have a general idea what steps to take if a reocurrance should occur. After the initial shock was over the diagnosis doesn't seem like the death sentence it did initially. Good luck and keep us posted.

47 yo, Ta G3
Diagnosed 11-24-10
BCG induction starting 12/17/10 followed by BCG maintance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #42027 by DIMITRIOS
Replied by DIMITRIOS on topic I didnt believe it but...
Thank you very much for your replies. I grate grateful appreciate it.
On next Friday i will get in the hospital for cystoscopy. So i don't know right know more details about the grade. The only thing that i know is that i have had pee, only blood, a couple of times for a couple of days a few months ago and i have a mass in my bladder 3.5 cm. And of-course the doctors have arranged for me, extremely quickly, to get in for the biopsy. So what is going on in my life, right know is like a Hollywood movie, running fast and hoping for the best end.
For the time being what i am trying to do (and the most of you can understand that) is to support my self psychologically and to try to paint a smile in my face every time i talked to my wife and to my son (and of course to everybody else). My son, which is almost 6 years old, doesn't know what is going on, though i can understand that he has the feeling that something doesn't go well. And my wife, who is pregnant and by the middle of August is going to give a birth ( our daughter) is having a psychological breakdown. I am trying very hard, to keep her calm and to explain to her and make her understand that is only a bad incident that we will go through it and at the end of the day everything is going to be OK and we will be together for the rest of our lives; though inside me i have no idea what really is going to happen.
Really, i don't want nobody to knows (except my family)that i have cancer cause i hate the feeling of mercy though i have the need to talk so much to people that they have passed through or they are passing through the same not so fortunate story in their life.
Unfortunately, the word Cancer, for those who don't have any kind of experience (cause in my family and in my wife's family there wasn't any kind of cancer incident in the past), it listens like the ticket to the other world in a time less than zero.
And the first shock feels like the gravity is disappearing, the earth is collapsing and all the story of my life passing through my eyes and only my eyes in a speed greater than the speed of light.
At least that was the initially shock.
Internet has become my best friend and i am trying to collect as many information as i can. And to tell you the truth this forum has given me a much more positive view for my future, since i have understood, that bladder cancer is not a death sentence, as Mike told me and i would like to thanks him very very much for his reply. Also, i would like to say thank you to Anita for what she wrote me about her husband, which is really give me a good injection of hope and positive way of thinking, something that i desperately need it. Though, i have to wait for the results of the biopsy and after the cystoscopy, probably i would really know where i am standing.
For the time being, i am extremely positive, that everything will go well. And since positive way of thinking is the best medicine in our psychology, thanks you for your replies and this medicine that you are giving to me!

11 years 11 months ago #42025 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic I didnt believe it but...
Dimitris,

Sorry you have had to find this site, but so glad you did. There is a wealth of information here and people who will answer your questions. My husband, Doug was diagnosed at age 44; he is now 55 and is doing well, so there is HOPE! Hold on to hope and FIGHT!! When is your daughter due?

Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

11 years 11 months ago #42021 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic I didnt believe it but...
Dimitrios,

A bladder cancer diagnosis is typically not a death sentence. Depending on the stage and grade it can be VERY treatable.

It is certainly a huge shock to the system and there really isn't much point in the doctor saying much after he tells you have cancer of any kind because nobody hears what he is saying while the word cancer bounces around inside their heads and echos around.

What stage and grade are you? Where are you located? What questions do you have. Many of us have experienced varying stages, grades, and treatments over the years and we are happy to help provide insight and education and support.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

11 years 11 months ago #42020 by DIMITRIOS
I didnt believe it but... was created by DIMITRIOS
Now, that everything was looking to go better, after great efforts, suddenly the doctor said to me that i have bladder cancer!
What can i think now!
I was frozen and i felt cold sweat!
I couldn't understand what the doctor was saying to me.
In my mind was my 6 years old son, my daughter who is still in my wife's belly and my one and only big love, my wife; who is pregnant and i dint know how could i tell her something like that.
I couldn't drive back in my home.
Though i needed some time. I took my time and as i was getting close to my house i saw my wife and my son coming out of the car!!
I was ready to collapse.
Though as always i used to say in my life...fight now cry later.
Yes! life is not what we were dreaming when we were kids.
Though, i have learned in my 41years of life that life belongs to the strong.
So i am ready to fight it and believe it i will win it at the end.
Dimitris

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne