I didnt believe it but...

11 years 10 months ago #42095 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic I didnt believe it but...
Dimitrios

I know the Dr. said something about cancer, but until the tests......it ain't a cancer yet.
AND...... it ain't a cancer you can't lick.

I haven't been on the site for a few days..... because I HAD cancer and had surgery and now am living a normal life..... well, some would say an abeenormal life!

I was at Watkins Glen giving our car it's first race outing. Two wins for the "Big man in a Little Car" Just another cancer survivor..... getting on with life.

So don't worry.... You will get through this with good medical help. And maybe a little help for this crazy crew.

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #42064 by Rockyiss
Replied by Rockyiss on topic I didnt believe it but...
Hi Dimitris , I am sorry you have to be here , but it is a good place to get support. My brother was forty when he had a tumor taken out. It came back and he had it removed again. Then he lost his insurance and didn,t get checked for elevan years. When he got checked again there was still no bladder cancer.
I was found to have it in 2006, they took out five tumors. i have had it come back three times but I don,t worry to much about it. I am very active and decided that the good Lord has already decided how many days I get in this life , so I try to do my best to live my life and leave the rest up to Him.
Learn as much as you can , be proactive in your care, and live life the best you can.
My 38 year old nephew was taking a load of laundry down the steps , fell ,hit his head and died. What i am trying to say is none of us knows how much time we get. You could fall down some steps and die, or live to be a very old man that once had bladder cancer. God bless , you will make it through these trying times . Rocky

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #42062 by danielle
Replied by danielle on topic I didnt believe it but...
Reading carefully through your post, it looks to me that your Doctor didn't say for sure that you definitely have BC? Your Doctor probably said to you that there is a possibility it may be cancer?...Your mass could be benign and all that worrying has been to no avail.

I know that fear of the unknown is often worse than actually knowing for sure. My prayers and hopes are with you.
You have a strong outlook on all that you are going through and believe me that is 50% of the battle. Stay positive..

Cyber hugs
Danielle

11 years 10 months ago #42059 by DIMITRIOS
Replied by DIMITRIOS on topic I didnt believe it but...
Thank you very much for this information about the chat at 8pm on Sunday.
Sunday is the only day that i don't work and always i spend it with my family.
I will try to get in the chat and i will be with my wife, Mina.
I believe is going to be very good for both of us and especially for her a conversation with all of you that you really can feel the way that we feel right now.
We have to break the fear of the unknown feeling and move forward. Unfortunately, we are waiting for next Friday were i will get in the hospital and the next chapter of our life is going to start.
Though, as i always used to say, every obstacle is for good. I don't like to say why this happen to me cause i found it very miserable. When you fight and you pass through it you become stronger and you appreciate simple daily small things in life that you have never given any attention before.
I believe inside me, and i really believe it, that at the end of the day everything will go well and new horizons will open.
Dimitris

11 years 10 months ago #42047 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic I didnt believe it but...
Dimitris,

Doug has and still feels the way you do about not telling anyone other than family about his cancer, so you are not alone on that!

On Sunday evenings at 8 PM EST, there is a chat on this site. Really nice bunch of people. Join us if you feel like it.

Right now, since you haven't had your surgery, you are dealing with the unknown and the unknown is a lot more scary than the known. Hang in there and try to enjoy this long weekend. Where do you live?

Doug and I live in east TN.

Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #42038 by upnorth
Replied by upnorth on topic I didnt believe it but...
That feeling you get when you first hear those words, is like getting kicked in the stomach.

We all know it too well. It sounds like you have a GREAT out-look on all of this. Try and not let that little guy up in your head take control. Keep a positive attitude, and NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!!

We are here when you need us. I hope things go well for you.

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne