any good books?

11 years 10 months ago #41973 by cliffvanv
Replied by cliffvanv on topic any good books?
Thank you ladies for the welcome and for the suggestion which I am following. I am also signed up for the Memorial Sloan Kettering patient forum where they suggested I sign up for cancercompas.com I am doing that too! I am determined to become informed.

Best wishes,
Cliff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #41969 by Nix
Replied by Nix on topic any good books?
Welcome to our site. As Sara Anne said, sorry you have to be here, but you will find a wealth of information on this site.
There are so many well informed people and articles available through our membership that have guided us to make well informed decisions and at the same time support on our journey.
Follow Sara Anne's suggestions, and know there are people on this site that can help you with any questions or support when needed.
Nancy

Nancy S
Ta CIS
dx Ta 11/06
dx Ta CIS 10/07

11 years 10 months ago #41965 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic any good books?
So sorry you had to join us...but glad that you found us. I don't know of any books, and usually by the time a book is published it is out of date! However, this web site has tons of information...Just go to the Home page, click on the top "HELP" and then on the multiple categories available. I think you will find lots of valuable information...pretty up to date.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

11 years 10 months ago #41964 by cliffvanv
any good books? was created by cliffvanv
A funny thing happened as I prepared to deal with cancer of the prostate: an MRI of the prostate showed something amiss with my BLADDER. So yesterday I had a systoscope, and the prictures were not pretty: lots of polyps.

I was well prepared for the prostate journey, having read the great books of Patrick Walsh and Peter Scardino. I knew what to expect at each step of the diagnostic process and what the treatement options and prognoses were.

Here I am caught completely off guard.

ARE THERE ANY AUTHORITATIVE AND INFORMATIVE BOOKS ABOUT BLADDER CANCER?

Gratefully,
cliffvanv

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne