bladder spasms and oxybutynin

12 years 3 weeks ago #41301 by upnorth
Replied by upnorth on topic bladder spasms and oxybutynin
Warren,

I only needed them for about week or so. I hope your doctor can shed some light on this for us. I would like to know why your still having spasms also.

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 3 weeks ago #41297 by MyChoice
Replied by MyChoice on topic bladder spasms and oxybutynin
Hi Warren,

On 2/22 I had a tumor removed and they gave me oxybutynin. After a few days of not much relief I switched to Elmiron which my previous URO gave me foe spasms. They seem to work much better for me. You could ask your DR. Good luck on Thursday! Ben

PC 7/2/12
T3a/N2/M0

12 years 3 weeks ago #41296 by warrentug
bladder spasms and oxybutynin was created by warrentug
Howdy,
I was wondering how long it took to heal up from having a TURBT? I had my secound one on Jan 31st, everything seemed to go well but this time I am still having to take the oxybutynin to relieve the pain and urge from mild bladder spasms. I say mild because I have read some reports of spasms that required a visit to the ER!

Right now I am taking four pills a day...I've tried to drop down to three pills but the pain comes back. After my first TURBT back in December I only needed the pain meds for a few days.

I guess I am asking if others have had this problem and if anyone has had it last a long time or longer with each procedure?

Wednesday I meet with my new doctor and I will be asking him about this also. Thursday I start my BCG treatments. O.K. thanks, Warren.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne