Need some Help. Much Appreciated

12 years 1 month ago #41269 by upnorth
Replied by upnorth on topic Need some Help. Much Appreciated
I agree you should see a Urologist to make sure.

The aches and pains you are describing sound some what like the Sciatic Nerve. This can be caused by a pinched nerve in the lower back area. The pain is dull and starts in the lower back area and spreads down the buttocks and by the testicles, then goes down the back of the leg to the foot.

But at your age it is rare to have a problem with this. But you should ask you Doctor about it and he may want you to see a Chiropractor to help with the pain.

As for not using the medications. Please don't do that again. That's not the way intelligent people act.

Go see your Doctor and ask if he feels a CT scan is necessary to be sure there is nothing going on in the bladder or kidneys.

I hope this helps out, and you find the answers you need to feel better.

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #41258 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Need some Help. Much Appreciated
LOL Sara Anne and I were typing our replies at the same time she beat me by three minutes. Rollers please note that you made two people who rarely shout type in all caps for you to get to a doctor.

Just saying.....

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

12 years 1 month ago #41257 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Need some Help. Much Appreciated
If one even wonders if they have bladder cancer then they should see a doctor preferably a Urologist. We are not doctors here are happy to support and exchange information but we can not ever practice medicine nor should we.

On a personal note this is my advise GET TO A DOCTOR. At the very least you are causing yourself a lot of worry and that is not good in its self. Putting off finding out beyond a guess what is going on with you will not change it. It may be nothing but if it is something catching any thing early is important,

Let us know what you find out, you are welcome here but we hope you don't need us.

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

12 years 1 month ago #41256 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Need some Help. Much Appreciated
OK. May I start by bawling you out? If you think something may be wrong, you go to a doctor and, unless there is a good reason, you follow his/her advice!! If a doctor prescribes an antibiotic, YOU TAKE IT ASAP AND KEEP TAKING IT AS LONG AS IT IS PRESCRIBED FOR. If you don't take it as soon as possible, the infection that the doctor has diagnosed can get out of hand. If you stop too soon you can end up with an infection that is resistant to antibiotics. Not good.

It is possible, but not likely, that you have bladder cancer. Why not likely? Usually it appears in much older patients...not always. Your symptoms are not typical. This does NOT mean you don't have it...it means that you need to go to a physician and get a real diagnosis of what the trouble is.

It can be dangerous to try to diagnose yourself. You may have something very treatable and spend a long time suffering from it, and you may worry about things that are unlikely...ie, bladder cancer. Or, you could have something serious and waste valuable time dithering about it. I had a relative with a bad sore in the back of her throat. She refused to go to a doctor since she was afraid it "might be cancer." Well, it was. She lasted about 5 weeks after it was finally diagnosed, much too late for treatment.

My advice? Get yourself to a real doctor and get whatever it is taken care of.

Best luck to you

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

12 years 1 month ago #41255 by Rollers
Need some Help. Much Appreciated was created by Rollers
Hello I'm a 25 year old male. I don't have bladder cancer..Or at least I'm not sure. I've been scouring the web trying to find answers to my problem. The thing is. When it comes to the pelvic area so many problems mimic the same symptoms. One of those symptoms being bladder cancer. I've always been paranoid when something happens to me. 6 years ago I thought I had testicular cancer. But I found out on my own that i actually had a hernia. Cause the pain went and go and I had a muscle mass on my pelvic area. Anyways I figured a forum with people who have experience on this matter can give me a hand. I know its impossible to actually diagnose someone over the internet. Just want to see if my symptoms all in all are a sign of bladder cancer.

I'll start from the begging.Bare with me. A month ago I developed a urgency/frequency to pee more than usual. I didn't think anything of it at the time. I figured I was drinking a lot. About 4 days after that initial experience I developed a pain in near the top right base next to my penis whenever I pee. I figured I had a UTI so I bought mannose powder and cranberry juice. About 3 days later it still persist. Mind you it was more of a dull achey feeling than a actual pain. The next symptom I started feeling was a faint numbness and tingly sensation in my lower back. At this point I made a doctors appointment. They took a urine test...I assume they not only look for bacteria, but blood as well? It came out clean. I was then diagnosed with prostatitis. Given antibiotics and sent on my way. I don't like antibiotics so didn't take them right away. Wouldn't you know 3 days later the urinary pain disappeared. The frequency/urgency died down a little as well. My symptoms then changed to lower back pain and pelvic pain. Again I wouldn't say it was a actual pain. But a dull achy feeling. Its not unbearable.
But eventually I caved in and took the antibiotics. I also started noticed other symptoms. Ache in genitals after masturbation/sex..This only happened twice early on and since has not occurred. Pelineal pain only once for a day. Sensitivity in the genitals when touched. This lasted for a day as well at one point. Again the pain is not unbearable its a dull achy feeling that waxes and wanes.

As of late the lower back aches seem to have died down. Still a stiff feeling when I bend over after long hrs of standing at work. tenderness on my sides and back. Tenderness and ache at the hips where the pelvis meet. If I run my finger down to the lower spine and press in on the bone it hurts.. Pelvic ache seem to go to the groin area and inner thigh and outside of hips. Also wide left of the pelvic.In the area where your leg connects. Aches seem to flare up more when I sit down and bend over. When I lay down. Especially on my back the aches disappear after a few minutes and I feel fine when I wake up in the morning. The aches primarily seem to be migratory and inconsistent. If its not on the right side of my body its own on the left. Its never really located to all areas at once. Th doctors said it maybe muscle related. That muscles can take 4-6 weeks to heal. If it doesn't get better I'm suppose to go back for more tests. However, the suspense is killing me. A lot of anxiety cause I don't know whats wrong with me. If I have non viral prostatitis, pelvic pain syndrome...Or worst bladder cancer. So I'm trying to find answers. Any help appreciated. Do my symptoms sound like bladder cancer? Or am I working myself up over nothing?

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne