tumor back already

12 years 2 months ago #41021 by rock009
Replied by rock009 on topic tumor back already
thanks Ann will check into it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #41020 by pemquid
Replied by pemquid on topic tumor back already
It sounds to me (no medical expert) that you should ask your doctor about additional type(s) of treatment beyond just the surgery. BCG has been found to be very effective for recurrent bladder cancer. I had only recurrence, and that was 2 years after my first tumor, but my urologist recommended BCG. I'm now done with those treatments, and have been tumor-free since 2008. The thing to watch out for is if the recurrent tumors are of a higher stage or grade; if they remain as low grade and non-invasive, continued TURBTs and maybe BCG would seem to be a good plan of action--ask your doctor.

Good luck!

Ann

Small TA Grade 1, May-06; recur (2 tiny), same, June-08; TURBTs both times. BCG begun July-08, dosage to 1/3rd May-10, completed treatment December-11. All clear since 2008.

12 years 2 months ago #41017 by rock009
im getting used to it and i have trying to keep on it,, this is my 3rd time having cancer,, the nhl in 08 was the worst, so i figure if i can beat that this is cake,, thanks for all the replies,, it does help to talk to people that have been through this,,, god bless you all and sayin prayer for nothing but the best

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #41010 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic tumor back already
I have been dealing with bladder cancer for 7 years now, and I have only been cancer free for 2 years. So the answer to your question is , yes it does come back. And it is pretty normal from what I've heard on here and my doctor. A 2nd opinion would be a good idea.

Upnorth, your getting the hang of this pretty good, I'm impressed!!!!

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

12 years 2 months ago #41009 by upnorth
Replied by upnorth on topic tumor back already
Rock,
It maybe back again, but as long as it stays in one place and is non-invasive that is a GOOD thing.

Good for you :) for keeping up with your check ups.

The faster you find the tumors and remove them the better your chances are for survival.

I know you are frustrated but I think you have done very well. And thank God you'r cancer hasn't progressed.

Keep up the good work.

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

12 years 2 months ago #41008 by rock009
thanks Sara

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne