Update from Warren

12 years 2 months ago #40919 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Update from Warren
Warren... glad all went well. I hope your pathology report comes back with good news as well.

Some people here on the forum have sent their slides to Johns Hopkins Pathology for second opinions. I'm sure you'll get other suggestions as well.

Take care and rest!

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #40918 by warrentug
Update from Warren was created by warrentug
Howdy,
just a quick update on me...I had the secound TURBT Monday and all went well. The doctor dug a little deeper this time to try and get margins, because of that he was afraid of me plugging up so he added a catheter this time. I'm still trying to get use to it, sleeping was a little tricky. I didn't expect it to leak a little when I was laying down. But everything feels much better today, I don't need to take my pain meds. However, I am taking the spasms meds this time.

Any how, I go back next Monday to have it removed and to also get the pathology results. I think today I will pick a urology oncologist to get a 2nd on the slides....any ideas? It would be just a pathology report,not a full on visit. Much cheaper to over night slides than it is for me to fly:)
Take care, Warren.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne