Update from Warren

12 years 1 month ago #41393 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic Update from Warren
Good for you, Warren!! You are on the way now. My uro told me that the BCG would make me feel better...I was having awful UTI-like symptoms from the CIS I had. Well, it didn't happen the first time, but as the BCG "peeled away" the cancer, I did feel a lot better!!

And good for you for looking for a doctor you felt comfortable with!!

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #41392 by warrentug
Replied by warrentug on topic Update from Warren
New update...I did the first BCG yesterday and not only didn't I have any symptoms it actually made things better! I don't know how that worked but the spasms are definitely better if not gone.

I switched doctors and had a long meeting with my new doctor Wednesday and came up with a "plan"....BCG and bladder-cams. The first time a T1 tumor shows up again it's off to the hospital for an RC. Ta tumor and it's more BCG. I told him my biggest concern was to not let this get to stage 2 and he agreed to take the bladder sooner than later.

Any how, I'm sure that by the end of this I will have symptoms from the BCG, at least I hope, that way I will know it is working. Take care, Warren.

12 years 2 months ago #41032 by rbmc
Replied by rbmc on topic Update from Warren
My tube stayed in 2 weeks. So slept on the couch. Day bag, nite bag, blah blah blah. But sure was nice to get it removed. Hope your battle plan is having positive results now.

12 years 2 months ago #40951 by warrentug
Thanks, she is 17 now, not so easy to carry any more :) But her, her brother and Jude are what I worry about, not so much me. I had a few matches with death already from fishing. The last time while I was drowning they were all I could think of and how hard it was going to be on them. Same with this now, it's leaving them, causing them pain that hurts.
I don't know if I can do the positive thing, I'm bad at looking up the numbers, watching the operations on utube, doing the math. But like I tell Jude, I've been on a bonus life for the last 15 years, this has all been extra. :) Warren.

12 years 2 months ago #40950 by upnorth
Replied by upnorth on topic Update from Warren
THINK POSITIVE!!

I can tell from your picture you have alot riding on you shoulders. If the cancer gets worse you have to go after it with everything you got. You seem like a strong willed guy. I know you will beat this.

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

12 years 2 months ago #40949 by warrentug
Howdy, once I got the catheter out the spasms stopped, but I am still taking the meds for them because after the first TURBT I still was getting them all the way up to this re-do. I started taking the yellow dye pills again today to stop the burning and they are working now. Ya, after the water was drained I had to make sure it didn't come out too fast because it was burning on the way out. But I figured at least I could controle how bad it was going to hurt vs them doing it and deciding they wanted to do it fast to get over with! Ouch.
I am hoping for a good report Monday, of course the doom and gloom in me already has it raised to stage 2 , T2-G3...hopefully I am wrong but that is what I am preparing to hear, we will see. Thanks, Warren.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne