Update from Warren

11 years 6 months ago #43365 by upnorth
Replied by upnorth on topic Update from Warren
If you find that crystal ball to look into the future with, let me know. LOL

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #43335 by warrentug
Replied by warrentug on topic Update from Warren
The fishing was good, about three times as much as last year; however, July was pretty bad, I kept going the wrong way and lost out on a lot of fish! As it turns out I should have just come home and did my BCG treatments instead of putting them off till the end of September. Next year I need to work out a better schedule with my doctor so that the BCG is in June (when we are shut down for three weeks) instead of the Cysto....I don't mind coming home for a day to do the Cysto, but I can't afford to stop fishing for three weeks for the BCG....or at least that is what I thought, like I said, July was slow enough that I could have done it and not lost anything.
Warren.

11 years 6 months ago #43333 by upnorth
Replied by upnorth on topic Update from Warren
Warren,

Glad to hear you found the right stuff to help you out.

Now for the most important question! How was your season? Did you do well?

Mark

Age 55
Diagnosed BC 12/20/2011 Ta No Mo 0a Non-Invasive At age 48
"Please don't cry because it is over..... Smile because it happened!" {Dr. Seuss} :)

11 years 6 months ago #43331 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic Update from Warren
Hi Warren,
glad things are going good for you, and good info on the pain meds, hopefully your experience on what works and what doesn*t might help someone else who is having the same problems. Good to hear from you,
Diane

11 years 6 months ago #43327 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic Update from Warren
Hello Warren... Good to hear from you again. Hope your fishing went well. Glad your BCG treatments are on track and that you are finding ways to reduce the pain for your cystos. Thanks for checking in!

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

11 years 6 months ago #43326 by warrentug
Replied by warrentug on topic Update from Warren
Hello to everyone,
I got back from fishing a couple weeks ago and just finished my 3rd BCG treatment, now I get another 3-4 month break from them. The news I have to offer is what I have been doing for pain during the catheter insertion...as some may remember, I do have a lot of pain during it so I had been using Tramadol before going in. But it didn't cut it some of the time so my primary gave me two Percocet 5/325 to try last week...what a difference! I thought the nurse was just starting when infact she was already in the bladder! The doctor's PA gave me a prescription for 4mg Dilaudid to try today to see if that would be better still, it wasn't. It was still way better than the Tramadol but not as good as the Percocet.
The reason for trying the different pain meds is to find one for next months Cysto...I really don't want to go through the hassle of being put out for it. So next month I will be using a couple of Percocets for the Cysto.
Warren.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne