Survival rates

8 years 3 months ago #50165 by zrb0171
Replied by zrb0171 on topic Survival rates
I too am new to this site. I was diagnosed with CLL in 2009. Then with BC in 2013. Had bcg then urologist scheduled RC. He was not an oncologist. I should have seen a urologic oncologist sooner...my bad. Got 2nd opinion from a urinary oncologist at the Cancer Institute of NJ who did TURP a couple times. Although things looked good he did suggest doing the RC but I was a hold out. Started chemo for CLL in Jan 2014 but cut that short to do chemo for BC. CLL is in remission.
Scope in Oct 2015 looked very good but urine showed small cancer presence.
I am now having RC with Neo Jan 6 at U Penn by Dr Malkowicz. I was told he was in top 3 in the Philly/NY area. Anyone heard of him?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #50057 by lotech35
Replied by lotech35 on topic Survival rates
Warren!

We are in the same boat. Im stsrting BCG this teusday first of 6! OBVIOUSLY I want my original parts. But if it progresses from here ill have an RC. They turnt me 2 x second found a spot on my prostate so it too was turbt. Im hoping the BCG works! Let me know your outcome. In jan or feb ill get an additional turby to my prostate .

Diagnosed Sept 2015 noninvasive
1st turbt Oct 3 2015, 2nd turbt Nov 13 bladder,
Completed 6 BCG initial treatments 01/11/16 02/09/16 No Cancer!
08/09/16 Cyto shows red spots on bladder, TURBT prostate scheduled
09/12/16 Cancer is back Ta prostate ,T1 high grade bladder papillary uthelial.
Cancer has invaded muscle getting RC.

12 years 1 week ago #41426 by gailb
Replied by gailb on topic Survival rates
Sassy....I also was very early stage 3, a few cells outside bladder, no lymph node involvement. I had both a RC and a RH and I have an Indiana Pouch!! Six months out. So far, so good. Nice to know the pouch can last 17 years! Thanks for posting!!

Gail

12 years 1 month ago #41036 by maryland_mike
Replied by maryland_mike on topic Survival rates
Well said. Mike, George and Humpy. Your replies to Warren have inspired me to quit worrying so much and just tackle and lick this beast!

Warren - the best to you, and think positive! We Oregonians (I was raised in Klamath Falls) are tough! LMAO after reading a forestry major was working at your local clinic (and on you), as I was a forestry major at Oregon State many years ago. Tell your doc you want a urologist, not a dendrologist!

Cheers - Maryland Mike

TURBT, HoLAP, bladder stone ablation 9/28/11
Ta, Mx, Nx

12 years 1 month ago #40897 by Sassy
Replied by Sassy on topic Survival rates
Hello,

I am a female bladder cancer survivor. I was a Stage 3Tb when diagnosed. I had a radical cystectomy and a radical hysterectomy, and my bladder was replaced with an Indiana pouch. That was more than 17 yrs. ago. I am still here and living a productive life. Do not give up hope,find the right doctor, and do what you need to do. Any questions you may have about this procedure or my experience, feel free to ask.

Sylvia

Sylvia L. Ramsey

12 years 1 month ago #40896 by Humpy
Replied by Humpy on topic Survival rates
What Mike said, that George said............

Age 54
T1NOMX,Grade 3 Urothelial CIS (Carcinoma in Situ)
Neobladder 5/19/2009
Prostate Capsule Sparing
U of M Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne