Cost?

12 years 4 months ago #39947 by dieseldoc
Replied by dieseldoc on topic Cost?
Warren
This could get very costly. Contact your local family services and see if you qualify for medicaid. This is not medicare. Medicare is federal run , and medicaid is state run. If you have cancer, insurance companies will not touch you unless you are on a group policy with an employer. Have your surgeries done at a hospital not a surgery center. hospitals will work with you on a payment plan. Surgery centers are private owned and usually will not ajust their price or do payments.

best of luck to you, and
ask anything you want on this forum.
You will get straight answers always.

Gary

T1,NO,MO battling bladder cancer since 2005

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #39941 by warrentug
Cost? was created by warrentug
Hello,
just logged on to get some expert opinions. I saw the urologist three days ago because of bleeding, had a CT scan that afternoon and a cystoscopy the next day. It turns out I have a 2.5cm tumor, growing in. The doctor wanted to remove it soon,(the 15th) but I had to put it off until next month due to all the cost. In the last four days I have spent $5,000 plus, really don't know until all the bills come in for it all.
What I wanted to know is how much is this going to cost and keep costing? I am paying for this all my self, no insurance. Besides freaking out about the cancer, I am stressing out about how much this is going to cost.
By the way I am 46, male and so see a lot of trips to the doctor in my future.
Thanks for any info,
Warren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne