just had tumor removed,,

12 years 6 months ago #39417 by rock009
Replied by rock009 on topic just had tumor removed,,
thanks for the info, i checked out report they gave me but nothingt about stage or grade, hopefully dr will shed some lite on that but dont go until oct 10 to the urologist again
,,,, rock, also steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #39414 by sjk
Replied by sjk on topic just had tumor removed,,
Had a TURB-T Monday before last, got the pathology back in 3 days, sounds like a similar tumor, mine was about the same size TaG1 Papillary non-invasive. Didn't have a follow up PET. I'm far from an expert, but my research is recent. It seems that if there is nothing else, the usual protocol is to have periodic (3-6 mths) cystoscopy to catch a recurrence.
But 1 thing I do know solid pathology is paramount, getting the cancer accurately staged is very important. Sounds like common sense but a relatively high percentage of tumors seem to be under-staged.
Ther eare many here with far more depth and breadth of knowledge than I but thought I'd pass on what I have found out.
Good Luck

Steve

12 years 6 months ago #39411 by rock009
thanks again,,,, let you no how pet scan turns out,,,,,rock

12 years 6 months ago #39409 by DougG
Replied by DougG on topic just had tumor removed,,
Rock,

I believe that is good news. The emotional part of this whole thing is rough. Glad you were able to get your results today. Others, I'm sure, will chime in. Hope you are feeling better.

Anita

Anita
Forum Moderator
Caregiver

12 years 6 months ago #39408 by rock009
report says papillary cell carcinoma , low grade, guess this is good news,, but do not understand were to fins stage and or grade,,, anyone no,,,, thanks

12 years 6 months ago #39406 by rock009
thanks aagain, just called hospital and i can go get my results after 12, and then have to figure it out,,,,prayers sent to all

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne