everyone else

12 years 6 months ago #39396 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic everyone else
Oh boy, do I know what you mean. It was my HUSBAND that caused
the problems when I was diagnosed, and had surgery, for breast cancer many years ago. He was so afraid of "who would take care of him" if anything happened to me... The day after surgery I was getting his supper!!!

I honestly do not know what advice to give....Be very matter-of-fact about your situation with a "let's talk about something else now" attitude, I suppose. And, remember that they do care about you.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #39395 by rock009
Replied by rock009 on topic everyone else
yes i do no what you mean, its like walking on egg shells when we are the ones with cancer,,, but they dont know how to react either,,, so i just have focused on beat this nasty bug, good luck

12 years 6 months ago #39393 by gaynor
everyone else was created by gaynor
Do any of you that have done this before feel like you are supporting your friends and family through this rather than the other way round.
I am starting to get really fed up with trying to make others feel better whilst I feel pretty rubbish.My husbands great but and really supportive in a lets just work through this and get on sort of way which is how I work but some of our friend and family are driving me mad,
Hints for dealing with others would be good
Gay

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne