TURB Tomorrow ... now what?

12 years 6 months ago #39418 by sjk
Replied by sjk on topic TURB Tomorrow ... now what?
Thanks Pat,
thinking the same thing... was planing on the second opinion for the pathology anyway, might just need to set an appoitment for a second look entirely..

Thanks again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #39415 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic TURB Tomorrow ... now what?
I don't know Steve..........one of the reasons i went to Memorial Sloan for a second opinion was to get a clean re-turb and correct pathological staging. If you are having visible blood now after 9 days i'd bet that he left margins and that you really do need a second opinion from a top center like NOW. You may also have a UTI since you've also had burning and there are drugs for that.
If all of the tumor is removed and there are clean margins and a bladder wash done after the TURB its pretty revealing with a major center.
People seem to think it doesn't matter where they get their first TURB.......I happen to think it does.
pat

12 years 6 months ago #39413 by sjk
It's been nine days since my TURB-T, I am aware that at about this point is not unusual to have clots pass. That hasn't happened, but this evening I have visible blood again. Urination has been a bit of a burning experience the whole time, but wasn't expecting blood..
Anyone know if this is unusual, or not.
Smart bet is to call the uro just to be sure I am aware, still thought I'd look for a little input.

Thanks

12 years 6 months ago #39382 by sjk
See that's what I thought, seemed like everything I read indicated a 3 month interval early on.. think I need to contact him and get an explanation on the extended interval.. And Pat, I am going to do the 2nd opinion on the pathology, you almost hate to mess with relatively good news, except when it is wrong.. Rather have accurate info...
I'll say it again, I really do appreciate the info from you all..

Thanks again

12 years 6 months ago #39375 by str0le
Replied by str0le on topic TURB Tomorrow ... now what?
I just wanna say, you guys rock! Sooo much good information!

12 years 6 months ago #39369 by Flamenco.
Replied by Flamenco. on topic TURB Tomorrow ... now what?
Steve,
Ditto on the 3 months checks, 6 months is too far apart at this stage,
Diane

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne