Worried for my husband

17 years 3 weeks ago #4146 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Worried for my husband
I'm wondering who did read the CT scans? Anyone?...First urologist did the right tests...radiologist who read the scans could have missed something...i've seen that happen many times. I would get a copy of the CT which should be on a CD and have it read at a teaching hospital or cancer center if there is one near you. Microscopic blood is not necessarily abnormal.
Did they look for kidney stones or abnormality there?
Tis a mystery...but you definately need a third opinion. Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 3 weeks ago #4136 by Bob_P
Replied by Bob_P on topic Worried for my husband
Kathy,
There are many, many, things that can cause blood in the urine but a good doctor can start rulling out one thing after another.
What vitamins is he taking? Any mega vitamin doses?
What medicines is he taking (could be a drug reaction or interaction)?

Here is a good web site that will tell you what questions to ask the doctor and what questions the doctor should be asking you and your husband:

www.wrongdiagnosis.com/symptoms/blood_in_urine/causes.htm

Don't panic at the long list of possible causes; 90% can probably be ruled out quite easily. But it is a good starting place to look for answers.

Hope this helps and let us know how he's doing......
Bob P.

17 years 1 month ago #3916 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Worried for my husband
Kathy,

I can hear your worry and concern for your husband.  And I understand his anxiety at not getting a diagnosis for his organic symptom.  This constant anxiety is not good for him (and neither is the blood in the urine).

I have had bladder cancer, but all my recent scopes have been good.  There has been no blood in the urine.  Yet sometimes I have very irritative bladder symptoms.  For instance, this morning, I was in the bathroom every 15 minutes for the first hour of work.    Sometimes I can go for long periods of time without urinating, but not today.  An association finally occured to me this morning, of bladder irritation usually ocurring along with rectal pain, and I wondered what that was about.  

Anyway, I think that you should not ignore the blood in the urine at all.  There is always an organic reason for blood and should yet be pursued.  Do not let the doctors poo-poo this away.  Do you have a teaching hospital close by where your husbands' concerns can be listened to with validation and respect and with proper evaluation?    I cannot help but think that something is being missed.

With warmest regards,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 1 month ago #3913 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Worried for my husband
Holly it seems to me one would know their own body so just keep Doctoring I guess till you and your husband are satisfied or do fine there may be something wrong or not. Honstly I don't know what else to say here, but unfortuantely some Dr's just have lousy bedside manners :-/. Regards, Joe

17 years 1 month ago #3910 by npbtac
Replied by npbtac on topic Worried for my husband
Thanks Joe-

I should have added that his prostate was checked and everything appeared fine. So, everything checked out as being normal - but, my husband is still feeling horrible. I am grateful that everything checked out - but, I am worried that something was missed. My husband is completely beside himself with worry - if we had a diagnosis, we could deal with it and move forward. But, this "we don't know what it is, therefore, it must be in your head" diagnosis is completely unacceptable.

Kathy

17 years 1 month ago #3909 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Worried for my husband
Well Kathy if he had the cystoscopy done and the the Dr. saw no tumor on his bladder I would also think they check his prostrate to make sure that is not enlarge. If both came back negative then I sure have no answers here. But I will comment on one thing the second urologist saying the first urologist did too many tests that is so wrong. The first urologist did what he was suppose to since a UTI was ruled out. Did they check for kidney stones ??? And the other thing you asked one is not connected to the other. Stress can do strange things to the body and appear real but blood in the urine is not one of them. Best Wishes, Joe

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne