bladder cancer

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #38508 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic bladder cancer
09z,

Glad to see you are getting the 2nd opinion at Memorial Sloan as it is certainly the top place in the area with the top doctors that know this bladder cancer treatment inside and out and can help you with everything. Good luck with your treatment and do keep us informed about how everything goes.

It will be good to also post the information from your pathology reports when you get them but you may already understand everything from your talk with the doctor.

It can be a very scary time, but hopefully, once you get to the right place with the right doctors your anxiety will come down. It is the fear of the unknown that is the biggest thing.

Once you understand exactly what stage you are, and have it confirmed and know the treatment plan, you will likely feel better than you do now.

Good luck with everything!

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #38499 by sara.anne
Replied by sara.anne on topic bladder cancer
I will second Pat's comments. You are doing absolutely the right thing. Sloan Kettering is one of the top places in the country for bladder cancer, and while I have never been there, people seem to really appreciate the care they give.

Getting to a place that knows what is what is so important.

We will all keep really good thoughts for you.

Sara Anne

Diagnosis 2-08 Small papillary TCC; CIS
BCG; BCG maintenance
Vice-President, American Bladder Cancer Society
Forum Moderator

12 years 9 months ago #38497 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic bladder cancer
09z..glad you're going to Memorial Sloan. That's where i went for my second opinion with Dr. Herr. He's a brilliant surgeon just not a great conversationalist. He's been doing this for a long time and is just all business but as i said he's brilliant.
Dr. Bochner on the other hand is younger and very personable if that is important to you. He also has a huge caseload.
If you prefer a female or it doesn't matter Dr. Donat is exceptional.
Here's a list of their surgeons ..just hit their name to see their bio.
www.mskcc.org/prg/prg/diagnoses_and_procedures/BLAD-SUR-000.cfm
pat

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #38492 by Herb
Replied by Herb on topic bladder cancer
Hang in there, former Long Islander from Hempstead (like 50 years ago). I fought anxiety still occasionally crops up and was frightened enough in hospital that hospital psychosis gave me a few days of bad times --- but the moral of the story is --- ok to be frightened and anxiety can be overcome for seldom is the focus of anxiety 'real' and I had to remind myself plus ativan helped --- I had bladder and prostate out on 9/11/10, both were cancerous --- but here I am --- hey, if I can make it --- I know you can. I am retired priest so will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Herb†

Age 72 had radical 9/11/10 have conduit everything is fine, grateful to be a cancer survivor. Lost Dad and Brother to Cancer both in their 50's.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #38491 by 09z
bladder cancer was created by 09z
thanks everybody who answerd iam in the process of gething all my records from the hosiptal an doctors wear all the test were done i have a son that lives in long island new york.an am going there to make a apointment at sloan kettering as u can see i am scared to death . also iam on all kinds of medecation\\ for anexity the anexity is overwhlming at times very scared of surgey

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne