Missed BCG treatments

17 years 2 months ago #3853 by joanie
Replied by joanie on topic Missed BCG treatments
Yes Tim a small world indeed thanks for the information on the lady who had the same problem as me.
take care fallon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #3852 by joanie
Rosemary I took the cranberry pills but had to stop as they irritated me when I told my doctor he said dont take any cranberry juice or pills as it does the opposite of what we want your bladder to do not sure what he meant except maybe the pH level
fallon

17 years 2 months ago #3848 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Missed BCG treatments
Mom,

I am with Wendy on this.  Your son needs to find out what is causing the bleeding.  It is not common to bleed so long after the treatments and if he takes the treatment while bleeding it could cause a systemic poisoning.  This is potentially as bad as the cancer.

Find out the cause.  Perhaps it is possible that he could proceed after the cause is determined and corrected.

As far as depression goes, this is not an uncommon response to a cancer diagnosis. Once again, depression is serious also, and needs treatment.  Please let your son know that he is not alone in his diagnosis, and that this diagnosis is a dangerous disease, but not neccessarily a death sentence.  

I will be eager to hear what Dr. O'Donnell has to say about this issue of the bleeding.  I bled more than I feel I should have with BCG, but it cleared up after the first day.

Tell your son not to despair.  We are with him every step of the way.

Your friend,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 2 months ago #3844 by timb
Replied by timb on topic Missed BCG treatments
Small world! What are the chances of that?
A woman I know here has had the Indiana pouch, her bladder being in much the same condition as yours. Having the surgery has been a big relief to her

All the best

Tim

17 years 2 months ago #3843 by joanie
Hi Tim,
I lived in Maccelsfield for a while we were sationed at a small base and lived there when we first went back to England for a couple of months it was in some small B& B.I was engaged to an English fellow at one time had our Engaged in Macclesfiels think it was a place called The George a very nich Hotel may be wrong on that cant remember.

I have to agree having the treatments has given me time to think and realise that its the only choice I have. I am leaning towards the bag on the outside but wont decide for sure until I have my post Op on Feb 21. it will be the easiest for me having had a massive embolism in each lung am a little worried about the surgery my cardioligist said he was concerned about the very long surgery for the neo badder so that is out will still keep thinking about the Indians Pouch until the 21.when I see the doctor.
Fallon

17 years 2 months ago #3842 by joanie
Hello Mom I am afraid I cant help with the numbers maybe someone else can for me the bladder being removed is because I have no other choice my doctor has tried but the doctors now call me a bladder cripple as it will no longer hold anytmore than 3 oz getting up at night every 30 min and as soon as one drop enters my bladder its very painful too many treatments and too many biopsies. I have read on here that most people have their tratment every 6 months mine were every 3 but I am beginning to think maybe too often.
As Tim said BCG works for lots of people for me the CIS is what scares me. The head doctor at MUSC saw me four years ago told me to face it I was going to die now 4 years later went back to see his partner and was told I was lucky to be still alive I chose not to have any surgery done with them. I have reached the point where I am in pain most of the time from the scarred and shrunken balder so I need to have the surgery. maybe another member can help answer your question.
My GP wanted me to start on depression pills but told him I was not depressed just in pain maybe I was wrong but I never felt depressed on and off felt sorry for myself but managed to work through it. Like Timm I took the same medication for sleeping but have always taken it long before my cancer have cronic insomina. Best of Luck to your son
fallon

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne