MD Anderson-what to expect?

12 years 11 months ago #37260 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic MD Anderson-what to expect?
Hello... So sorry about your stepfather's diagnosis but he is headed to one of the top centers to deal with it which is good news. I have never been to MD Anderson so I can't answer your specific questions.

It sounds like they are allowing enough time to do what they need to do with appropriate time for any needed followup. Without more information, it is hard to know why they said a week. Is the tumor being removed at MD Anderson? Or, has he had it removed already and going there for followup procedures?

My tumor was also into the first half of the wall with no lymph involvement and had not spread outside the bladder. After my surgery, I have had 15 months of clean check ups so catching it early is key. Sounds like he is on the right path for the best possible outcome.

As you find out more, if you have any questions there will be someone here who can answer them for you. Best of luck to your stepfather!

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #37253 by achilds99
MD Anderson-what to expect? was created by achilds99
Hello All,
My stepfather is heading to MD Anderson next Tuesday. The cancer is aggressive (into the wall), but has not gotten into the lymphnodes around the bladder. The CAT scan did not show any other cancer throughout the organs. They have told him to pack for one week. My mother and stepfather work for the airlines and were planning on flying from Dallas to Houston for the tests and prodecures. Do you think it would be better to drive in case they are there for an entire week?

Why do they say that you may be there a week? My stepfather was not really given any other information than that...

Anyone who is familiar with MD Anderson or how these next steps typically go, please let me know.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne