Can you tell me about Bladder replacement options

13 years 3 weeks ago #37063 by BillM
Hello alanjay!

Sorry to hear about the chemo issues. The NG tube sucks! But it is needed as you will not want your stomach filling up and making you want to throw up. After a few days mine came out after a bowel movement and my stomach could handle some jello and tea. Be sure to take plenty of chewing gum and be ready for lots of walking, these two things realy shorten the hospital stay. The first day after surgery will be the roughest, but things pick up and time flies by after that. Be sure to get as much information for going home and starting on a lot of things you'll need to do to get back up to speed for training the neo. All of it easy, just have to do it for things to work out when it's all said and done.

Good Luck! Keep us updated or have your wife keep us updated for sure, we all are here to help.

Bill

5.24.10 Final staging T2G3 7.28.10 Started Gemcitabine, Cisplatin neoadjunctive chemotherapy
11.2.10 RC with NEO 11.18.11 First year CT shows possible liver tumor
12.8.11 Confirmation of TCC BC mets to the liver 6.27.12 Final round of Dose Dense MVAC
7.26.12 Final scans showed no tumor or no...
The topic has been locked.
13 years 3 weeks ago #37062 by jimswife
You bet it will be your Rebirthday! It is so important to stay positive minded and knowing there are so many people that you never have met supporting, cheering for you and praying for you is amazing! I have met so many wonderful cyber friends on this forum and gotten so many great ideas from people here. It's just wonderful! I will be thinking of you and praying for you leading into your surgery! Take good care
13 years 3 weeks ago #37061 by alanjay
I hope you will have a Happy Birthday. I will have a REBIRTH DAY. Hopefully the day I am cancer free.
13 years 3 weeks ago #37058 by jimswife
Wow, Alan, so sorry chemo was difficult. My thoughts and prayers will be with you on the 30th. It's my birthday so I know it will be a great successful surgery! Take good care!
13 years 3 weeks ago #37056 by alanjay
Aw Mike, you know just what to say. If I have an NG tube, I will definitely make sure it stays in as long as needed. I have had it put in while I was awake and coherent. It felt just like a colonoscopy without lubericant. 2 days later it had to be repositioned. Felt just like HELL ON WHEELS!
I am an idiot, Dr. Manoharan was recommended to me by my first Urologist for the surgery back in Oct 2010, I chose to go to a different, more local surgeon, also highly rated but I had issues with the hospital so I went to yet another well rated Urological Surgeon and due to my risk factors and he beong the only urologist on staff, recommended me to Dr. Manoharan. He saw my charts and films and scheduled surgery in 15 days from our first meeting. 2 days and counting.

I always knew the Mikes had the best advice
13 years 3 weeks ago #37047 by motomike
Alan
That is this Wed. I’ll be thinking of you there in Miami. You will probably feel like hell on into April but after you’re out of the recovery stage things will get better. We will be watching for your first post after surgery. Best of luck.
MotoMike

I'm 70, retired heat/air contractor. After 4 months of keymo ileal conduit (IC) surgery removed bladder & prostate May 2010
Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne