I do have the pathology report. It says low grade noninvasive. It also says that the case has undergone an intradepartmental consult for QI/QA purposes at the hospital and consulting pathologist concur with the above findings. My next appointment is for three months for possible new occurrences.
Don't want to be a party pooper, but you really need to get the pathology report.
Large cancerous tumor isn't quite enough information to declare no further treatment. Once you have the pathology report back, you may want to get a 2nd opinion from a top bladder cancer hospital.
If bladder cancer is diagnosed, the diagnosis should get confirmed from a top doc in a top bladder cancer hospital and regular follow-up (even if it is only a cysto and cytology test done every three months.
If the pathology came back low grade T0, that's likely a watchful waiting approach (cysto and cytology every 3 months for a two years or so and then every 6 months for a a period of time). Anything higher than that (e.g. high grade or T1 or higher) would require more.
I hope it was T0 and low grade and that you are on track for the "let's just keep an eye on things" approach!
Let's just be sure by checking out that pathology report.