I need a doctor to perform the Indiana Pouch.

13 years 2 months ago #35856 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic I need a doctor to perform the Indiana Pouch.
You might try Emory.......look at bio's of Dr. Master or Nieh...
www.emoryhealthcare.org/urology/physicians/index.html
I have no idea if they can do an Indiana but you can ask.
Or if you can travel i can give you a bunch of names..but if you don't have a support system or need to stay close to home you're throwing darts.
pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #35847 by cathyki
Replied by cathyki on topic I need a doctor to perform the Indiana Pouch.
I need to find a doctor in Atlanta. Terris and Coleman are in Augusta Georgia

13 years 2 months ago #35840 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic I need a doctor to perform the Indiana Pouch.
Yeah Pat!!! You're back! Hope everything is good to go now!

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #35837 by Sassy
Since you live near Atlanta, I can give you two doctors and hospitals fairly close. One is Dr. Charles Coleman who is connected with the University Hospital, and Dr. Martha Terris who is at MCG Hospital. They both have lots of successful experience with this type of surgery. Dr. Coleman did my Indiana Pouch 16 years ago.

Sylvia L. Ramsey

13 years 2 months ago #35835 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic I need a doctor to perform the Indiana Pouch.
well i didn't see the security code....aaaaaaaaaaargh..so i'm retyping this.
Cathy..don't know where your mother is but one of the best hospitals for this surgery is Indiana u Medical and Dr. Bihrle
www.iupui.edu/~urology/bihrle.html
Dr. Koch is great also but he sorta likes the neo but has pretty good success with them on women.
Cleveland has gone off my radar as Dr. Inderbir Gill who used to head the department has taken over for Dr. Skinner at USC/Norris and pretty much raided Clevelands Uro department. Only one left is Dr. Campbell there. The others are very young..might be good but don't have a lot of experience behind them.
If you need other choices let me know. Primary concern is your doctor trust me........you can recooperate at MOm's.
pat

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #35828 by CatherineH
Replied by CatherineH on topic I need a doctor to perform the Indiana Pouch.
Hello Cathy... Welcome and sorry you are here as a result of your recent diagnosis. There are several very knowledgeable members on this site who can provide information on where they had their surgeries. Patricia, who is an encyclopedia of information on hospitals and surgeons unfortunately is in the hospital we learned a couple of days ago. She normally jumps right on these questions with an immediate reply and links to check backgrounds.

I'm fairly new here but in her absence, I looked through some of her older posts and found one from a woman living near Atlanta and Pat recommended to her Vanderbilt in Nashville. Since your Mom is in Ohio, we have several members who have gone to The Cleveland Clinic.

I'm sure you'll get more responses, but I wanted to let you know your post had been seen while waiting for others to chime in. I know how scary it is to have to start down this road. We also hope Pat is back home and posting very soon.

My surgery was done at Vanderbilt by Dr. Cookson. Another woman recently had an RC with Indiana Pouch done there by Dr. Smith. Pat specifically mentioned Dr. Sam Chang in her previous post.

Here is a link to their doctors:

www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=urologicsurgery&doc=24682

Others can tell you about Cleveland Clinic.

Best wishes... Catherine

Best wishes... Catherine

TURBT 1/21/10 at age 55
Dx: T2aN0M0 Primary Bladder Adenocarcinoma
Partial Cystectomy 2/25/10
Vanderbilt Medical Center
Nashville, TN

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne