exercise/rehab following bladder removal surgery

13 years 3 months ago #35529 by GKLINE
Swag

I would like to chime in and wish you the best. As Mike said, this is an investment in your future. It will kick the crap out of you, but you will come back..... Bigger...... Faster.... Stronger. You won't have a bionic arm or anything..... and it is no fun showing off your bionic Plumbing :laugh: :laugh:

Well, on second thought that bionic plumbing thing is not going to get you into the Superhero hall anyway.

So Just GET WELL SOON!

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #35528 by Kimberly
Swag--
Best of luck with your surgery, and keep us posted. My brother is a firefighter in Fairfax County, Virginia. I'll have him ask the crew at his station to keep you in their prayers.

Kimberly

13 years 3 months ago #35525 by mmc
Swag,

I ran a software division of Hewlett-Packard for the Asia/Pacific region and based myself in Australia. I had people in offices in Sydney and Melbourne (Blackburn area). I love Melb'n also! Especially the Greek food! Well, actually I loved the Greek food at the little hole in the wall type places and pretty much all of the food at various restaurants around Melbourne. Much more of European feel to Melbourne as compared to the San Francisco feel of Sydney.

All the best on your surgery and recovery!

The surgery will definitely kick the crap out of you but it is an investment in your future. Probably one of the best investments you can make in terms of return on investment! :)

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

13 years 3 months ago #35523 by motomike
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and sending good vibes your way. I just saw a bit of news from your area about flooding. I sure hope your hospital is on high ground! Please post as soon as you feel up to it.

I'm 70, retired heat/air contractor. After 4 months of keymo ileal conduit (IC) surgery removed bladder & prostate May 2010

13 years 3 months ago #35521 by Swag
I live and work in Melbourne in the state of Victoria.Its a little bit cooler than Sydney ,but still a nice city .What type of work were you engaged in ? Thanks for your concern regarding op

13 years 3 months ago #35519 by mmc
Yes, best of luck to you Swag.
Where are you located in Australia. My wife and I lived in North Turramurra, just north of Sydney for a couple of years. Loved it!

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne