Turbt done 1/29 hit a snag

17 years 1 month ago #3548 by Sandra
Replied by Sandra on topic Turbt done 1/29 hit a snag
Hi Joe - So glad we heard from you, been thinking of you all week wondering how you were doing.  One of my four tumors (first go around) was 4 cm and nearly totally blocking my left Ureter and then another 4 cm tumor was nearly totally blocking by urethea which is why my symtoms finally got so severe...had these removed TA III and then five weeks later had 2 more small tumors and CIS removed and mitomycin - TA III.  Have just finished 2 weeks of BCG and all is going fairly well.  I am so sorry that you had a rough go of it with a stent and all...but the good news is your confidence in your Doctor, that is so important.  The wait for the pathology can seem overly long so hang in there and keep us abreast of your situation.  We are all pulling for you Joe.  

Take care, Sandra

Sandra
"Grandmothers are just antique little girls...."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #3547 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Turbt done 1/29 hit a snag
Thanks Wendy but I drove for Consolidated Freightways a trucking co. like Yellow Freight and Roadway if your familiar with them they went out of business in 2003. One day something haz mat that was not suppose to be on my truck was I got sick that day from that just from the fumes in the trailer. Then 11/2003 I had carbon monoxide accident with generator had less then 5 miniutes so they said to live. Then being a trucker I had saw that and a smoker so I had alot of things in those categories against me. Nice when you hit most of the qualifications for this disease and not the qualifications for something good. Best Wishes, Joe

PS. BTW when I was in the hospital I had a nurse named Bree. She was walking around just super happy and I said aren't we in a great mood today lol. She went on to tell me at age 15 she had Hodgkins Disease and was given just 6 months to live. She is now 26 and cancer free what a miracle. Wow I am praying to God some of that kind of luck will fall my way

17 years 1 month ago #3543 by wendy
Replied by wendy on topic Turbt done 1/29 hit a snag
Hi Joe,

Sorry to hear about the dealys and the worries, and I'm also glad that you're in good hands there. That's at least half the battle, I'd say.

Did you know that truckers have a higher rate of bladder cancer than the general population? Perhaps you can get some kind of compensation or disability benefits.

I'm sure this is hard on your wife, and it's kind of you that you let her sleep.

Sending you both good thoughts,
Wendy

17 years 1 month ago #3542 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Turbt done 1/29 hit a snag
Well Rosemary and Rosie I really appreciate your fast replies and as always it is very nice to your hear words of encouragement. One thing I don't have a problem with is taking a pee cause from the time I was a kid I always had something to drink, I am never without a glass of water with a slice of lemon (yummy) . I drink a ton of fluids. The only thing now is with this stent when I am about done voiding I get some pain on the left side where they cleared the ureter. And like you both said my tumor apparently was there for awhile and like I told you I noticed no hemuturia until the first week of December my very first symptoms. And the hardest part is I was just recovering from my left hip replacement so back pain, muscle pain or weakness was very hard to sort out here. And 25 years of being a trucker I lived with back pain. Still to this date this is what is blowing my mind the most I just started to feel good from the hip replacement and bam then this happens :-/ Well God Bless and Thank You, Joe

17 years 1 month ago #3540 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Turbt done 1/29 hit a snag
Joe,

I've been wondering how you are doing.  

I was also told after my first TURB that I had a "whopper" of a tumor and this really frightened me at the time.  The doc said that it covered a whole third of the upper right quadrant of my bladder and was just outside of the ureter orifice.  I also had a 2nd tumor just starting on it's way.  Like Rosie, I think mine had been around for a while.

Depending on the pathology report, it could be that your good Doctor will do another resection on you in a few weeks.  I guess everything will depend on whether the muscle is involved or if there is CIS present.  Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I'm glad that your Doctor has self-confidence in his experience and knowledge and I like his attitude.
I 'm very glad that you are in good hands.

Wishing for a good outcome,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

17 years 1 month ago #3538 by Rosie
Replied by Rosie on topic Turbt done 1/29 hit a snag
Joe,

I also had a large tumor - 4 cm - that was blocking my left ureter orifice on my first TURB. It had grown to such a large size over many years of being misdiagnosed with blood in my urine. Finally, because it was very painful to urinate with large clots of blood breaking forth a cysto was done and the large tumor seen. My pathology report from that initial tumor came back as papillary T1a grade 11 of 111. It was later downgraded to a TA grade ll then later downgraded to TA grade 1 on another recurrence. So you see, the size doesn't indicate the severity of the tumor. My urologist was originally concerned that he may have damaged the opening to the left ureter from the TURB and that scarring may close off that opening to the kidney. It didn't, thank goodness but because my recurrences have all been low grade, the urologists state the risk of the scarring is greater concern to me than the recurrent low grade tumors. I understand, now, that becuase of the location and the low grade does not warrent complete deep radication of the tumor so I can expect recurrenc, that laser of that area is safer, more complete. Tissue samples can also be taken prior to laser.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne