sp trouble

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #35362 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic sp trouble
we've got so many bugs in our urine it looks like WW111...i carry this paper with me at all times as they AlWAYS say i have a kidney infection when i give a urine sample......and i don't. I'm not symptomatic......Now if you are symtomatic yes by all means get treated.
tinyurl.com/36j7m4n

pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #35360 by Melodie
Replied by Melodie on topic sp trouble
Julie - Thanks goodness things are beginning to look "Up" for you in regard to all your concerns...glad you got to see Dr. S. and get his opinion. No matter how smart these doctors are...they just don't always have the answers we seek. So we have to, again, be patient and wait it out, doing the best we can to see our issues get resolved. I'm just so glad your Tom has some medical experience and is there with you.

Glad you were able to get through all that snow and ice; we've got so much rain here in Washington that just about every county has flooding...lots of trees down and even some lose of life.

Hugs,

Melodie, Indy Pouch, U.W.Medical Center, Seattle, Dr. Paul H. Lange & Jonathan L. Wright

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #35359 by mamatrausch
Replied by mamatrausch on topic sp trouble
Pat
went to the city today and thought I would see resident and actually got to se Dr S. SP drain infection is looking good. The spasms that are in my lower right groin he said could be from organs just being moved around, not completly cathing, or just weak ab muscles?? said to start abdominal strength exercises and to keep stool soft. So we are still up in the air on that one. I am thinking of a proper name for my pouch,I laugh every time I think of "Hal" and "Rosebud" you are a bright shiny star in my day
lots of love Julie

PS I have a question do urine cultures from the pouches always have E-coli? When I had mine done 2 days ago it did

T1/G3-CIS 10-01-2010
10-27-2010-Indiana Pouch

13 years 3 months ago #35352 by Patricia
wow julie.....what a trip in the ice and snow. WE had it too but not as bad. Those SP tubes are tricky. Mine got torn a bit loose from moving the wrong way and hurt like heck and i couldn't wait to get it out. I was lucky in that there was no infection but i had been putting neosporin around it for some time.
You're lucky you had a multidisciplinary team to diagnose everything going on. Dr. S not always available for follow-up. He travels a lot but he has a good team.
Hopefully everything will heal nicely now and you can get to the business of telling your pouch who's boss!!! You really must talk to it you know? Now Melodie had a love affair with hers calling her stoma Rosebud.......mine was more like Hal in A Space Odyessy...thence the name Hal for mine. But Hal now behaves except he does get playful when i put new sheets on the bed...decideds to leak at night...what are ya goina do?
xxoo Pat

13 years 3 months ago #35349 by mamatrausch
Replied by mamatrausch on topic sp trouble
Im here Pat thanks for the concern. Well I got my husband to come home and I got all the bleeding and serum to stop by putting a compression bandage on me. The resident on call met me at 9 am in chicago and opened the urology clinic.(We drove in the snow and ice storm) She looked in the old track and put 2 q tips in 3-4 inches she said it was a deep area to still be opened. She is then sending them out for culture.It is still draining but much much less and the pain and abdominal soreness has become better. I had to be admitted to the ER because you have to have a number(I think Money) but then another Dr looked at everything so Im now on Bactrim ds and augementin. Well now a day later I know
1.the sp was badly infected
2.had a uti my urine is no longer cloudy its clear!and no smell
3. those spasms are still there sometimes in my groin and hip area will check for hernia
WOW what a few days I was scared but I hope we are getting to the bottom of all this wish I could ever see my DR S or at least the same Resident Now I will now what a Uti is like so I can get on Bactrim fast(I hope they give me a standing script)
Thanks for everything Pat I love hearing from you Julie

T1/G3-CIS 10-01-2010
10-27-2010-Indiana Pouch

13 years 3 months ago #35347 by Patricia
Julie..are you ok? I'm worried about you. Hope you got into the hospital
pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne