cath update /pouch and abdominal soreness

13 years 3 months ago #35310 by mamatrausch
Replied by mamatrausch on topic cath update /pouch and abdominal soreness
I am now flushing twice a day morning and night. Yes I quit drinking at 7:00 pm The pain Im feeling is not from the pouch full of urine it feels like a hernia or something. It is really hurting almost every time I move around.
I guess Ill try Dr S again by email he has no appts till Jan. I hope I have just overdone it walking around walmart

T1/G3-CIS 10-01-2010
10-27-2010-Indiana Pouch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #35309 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic cath update /pouch and abdominal soreness
Well i'd sure pass that one through Dr.Steinberg first...we all know the effects of urinary catheters placed for too long a time in a patient..instant UTI. don't drink anything after 7:00 at night for starters and empty before you go to bed. The squeezing sensation is your pouch telling you to empty..mine still does it. And the fact that for whatever reasons your physician isn't telling you about irrigation you have a ton of mucus....we all do for quite some time before it becomes more like egg drop soup and comes out easily....so as long as its in there it will let you know....next time you cath give a big cough and see what comes out. If the cath is plugged your urine will stop...move the cath back and forth to dislodge and see if you get more urine.
pat

13 years 3 months ago #35307 by mamatrausch
cath update /pouch and abdominal soreness was created by mamatrausch
hi well Im still cathing every 2 hrs day and night and I still have urine and mucus eruptions daily but they seem to be slowing down. The doctors say to just give it time. My friend who is a nurse said she would set me up with a pediatric bag and wafer with the cath inserted in my stoma at night so I can get some sleep. Has anyone heard of this?
Ok now I have this soreness that feels like spasms in my pouch abdominal area. It kind of grips me and then subsides. It also seems to happen a lot at night. I do sleep on my stomach. These pains can take my breath away. No infection urine looks good has anyone had thewe spasms or pain. Im only 6 weeks after RC so maybe it is to be expected or maybe Im overdoing it. Time to just stay home and put my feet up......

T1/G3-CIS 10-01-2010
10-27-2010-Indiana Pouch

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne