New to site and diagnosis

13 years 3 months ago #35237 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic New to site and diagnosis
Hi Mark,
i would ask where they sent the slides..perhaps to MSK? A second TURB within 2 to 6 weeks is current protocol and i would hold off until i spoke with Dr. Dalbagni before you start the BCG. As half of specimens are understaged you would not want to start BCG if that is the case. If you can get your hands on the slides depending on where they went off to..???..you need only call pathology and have them package them and sign for them and carry with you to MSK. Also they will want any CT scan results, urogram results, blood work..whatever you have had done. They will schedule pretty quickly at MSK. I went up for my second opinion and was scheduled for a re-turb 2 days later after they did some of their lab work.
pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #35235 by Markq
New to site and diagnosis was created by Markq
I've been lurking for a few days reading different threads and thought I'd introduce myself. I was diagnosised on 11-24-10 after having painless hematuria on a couple of occasions the week prior. Luckly, my primary doctor ordered a CT urogram and sent me to a Urologist in less than a weeks time after I went to him.

I had a TURBT done on 11-24 with one tumor aggregate measure of 3 x 3 x 1 with initial pathology of Non-invasive papillary urothelial carcinoma, favor high grade. The local hospital in Binghamton, NY sent the slides out for a 2nd opinion, but as of now I'm not sure where they went or when they'll be back. They were looking into it this afternoon and I'll check Monday morning and turn the heat up a bit if needed

The local Uro has me scheduled to start BCG on 12-17 with no repeat TURBT first. I've got an appointment for a 2nd opinion scheduled at Sloan Kettering with Dr. Dalbagni on 12-14 assuming the local hospital gets the slides fowarded to him in time. If a repeat TURBT is needed before the BCG I hope he'll speak up.

Being only 39 years old I'm a little shell shocked and surprized by this diagnosis to say the least. I'm glad there a places like this where you can find info and connect with others going thru the same thing you are. Right now I think it's the uncertantity that's the hardest to deal with. Sometimes I wonder if too much info is just as bad as not enough. Feel free to offer any advice if you think there's something I've overlooked or missed. Thanks!

47 yo, Ta G3
Diagnosed 11-24-10
BCG induction starting 12/17/10 followed by BCG maintance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne