Not diagnosed yet, but a question or two

17 years 1 month ago #3472 by skypilot
Replied by skypilot on topic Not diagnosed yet, but a question or two
I had a cat scan before my systo and it did not show up. The only way is to know for sure have poke and peak. Mine were two small ones so maybe that is why. They did the CAT to look for a kidney stone. Then later did the systo so I could get another procedure for inlaged prostate. Well that is when he seen it. I did not have any bleeding only micro scoptic in urine test. Don

Hanging in there!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #3471 by NH_Male
Replied by NH_Male on topic Not diagnosed yet, but a question or two

Thanks Pat. No I was in a very good local hospital here in Exeter, NH. I think what threw the ER doctors off is my Coumadin condition. I wonder if they just see blood as a side of effect of a higher INR number rather than a possibility of something more serious. Also my age could be an issue. I have no history of cancer in the family, am still fairly young by ER standards, so maybe they are thrown off by that?

I am seriously thinking about just going to the ER again tonight and telling them that if feels like someone is pressing a dumbell against my bladder and demand a CT! Waiting for an appt with a Uro is already trying my patience. No one except me seems to be in a rush to see what's going on here.

17 years 1 month ago #3469 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Not diagnosed yet, but a question or two
I'm kind of dumbfounded...because a CT would see a tumor in the bladder ..kidney stones ........where are you? Or do you have some sort of horrible HMO that won't pay for a CT?...that happened to a friend of mine who had colon cancer...took them over a month to diagnose because she had to go thru the cheaper tests first.
When my husband had a kidney stone he presented with back and abdominal pain and bleeding in the urine.
If you do have a decent medical plan insist that they do a CT...or get another doctor at least.
So sorry ...Pat

17 years 1 month ago #3467 by NH_Male
Replied by NH_Male on topic Not diagnosed yet, but a question or two
Thank you for the feedback and support so far.

They did do an INR for my blood thinner level which proved to be elevated, but the doc said that an elevation would not produce the amount of blood I had without an abnormality present somewhere in my UT system.

Good to know about the abdominal pain and other strange symptoms. Someone who saw me at work last week said I looked like a ghost, and I was feeling pretty lousy at that time. The pain and nausea did subside for the most part after they put me on Cipro for the infection, but the pain has returned esp after being told yesterday that my urine culture turned up negative.

Of course, then my mind went to the dark side.

Oh and to answer your question Patricia, they did not do a CT at the hospital and I was in there twice over the weekend! Seems that they were not as thorough as they should or could have been.

17 years 1 month ago #3462 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Not diagnosed yet, but a question or two
Well i'm a bit confused...you were in a ER and they didn't do a CT scan or test your blood knowing you were on coumadin? I was on coumadin for 6 months and can't believe i can't remember the exact name of the test for how thin you blood is...sorry. Anyway that should have happened. Do you get tested on a regular basis? I had to go in every week until they found the right dosage for me and then every month and there are certain foods which will counter the coumadin which i'm sure you know about. But i'm dumbfounded they didn't do a CT. Thats how they found mine and a week later i had the cystoscopy to look at it. At any rate i am female so that was not a painful experience...don't know about the guys.
But interesting enough Rosemary one of my really early symptoms was nausea for weeks and some upper gastrointestinal pain. You said you'd never heard that before so now you have. Anyone else? Pat

17 years 1 month ago #3461 by Rosemary
Replied by Rosemary on topic Not diagnosed yet, but a question or two
NH,

I've been re-reading other stories around the board and it looks like some doctors will go straight for a cystoscopy.  That is where they insert a light and look into the bladder to see what they can see.  Can't speak for the guys, but it hasn't been so bad for me.

Also, I was looking at your other "symptoms" again and can say that I have never heard of them associated with bladder cancer.  (Nausea, etc)
I know you probably feeling anxious.  Please let us know how it turns out.

With regards,
Rosemary

Rosemary
Age - 55
T1 G3 - Tumor free 2 yrs 3 months
Dx January 2006

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne