Second opinion probably saved my life

13 years 6 months ago #34403 by mamatrausch
Replied by mamatrausch on topic Second opinion probably saved my life
Mike and George I re-read your posts often! I like the statements
"Surgery is an investment in my future" and "Im on journey toward my second life" these keep me looking forward to better times. I do get scared easily these days and Cynthia gave me the chin up straight ahead message. I take all your words to heart and they help me heal and move forward.
Today I had a good day with friends and didnt dwell on the up coming surgery or seem too anxious. It was a good day indeed!!!!
much love julie

T1/G3-CIS 10-01-2010
10-27-2010-Indiana Pouch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #34354 by GKLINE
Replied by GKLINE on topic Second opinion probably saved my life
Julie

You are on your journey toward your second life. This will be a time to fight. Soon you will be cancer free and you will be shouting from the mountaintops "Get a Second Opinion"
We all wish you well. Just keep a positive attitude and keep pushing for your own well being.
You ARE going to get through this. Don't go into panic mode. We are here to help.

Now! I must address this lack of funneyness! :laugh: I am certainly not doing my Job here! :laugh: I know the need for humor is important, but Really..... What do you expect? I know that breast cancer is putting on a good face "Save the Tatas" but for those looking for support and help...humor must be used very carefully. I am the class clown here and "sometimes" (of course, VERY rarely :laugh: ) I torque someone the wrong way and I upset them.

But, this is my resolution. I will lighten up..... Going on the grapefruit diet....... gonna lose 10 pounds! :laugh: :laugh:

George

Light a man a fire and he is warm for an evening.
Light a man ON fire and he's warm forever.

08/08/08...RC neo bladder
09/09/09...New Hip
=
New Man! [/size]

13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #34351 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic Second opinion probably saved my life
Julie,

Sorry to hear that it was so understaged but very, very happy that you got that 2nd opinion with Dr. Steinberg and now have the RIGHT plan in place!

The terror may or may not happen. My bet is you are going to feel a LOT more at ease knowing that you are being treated by one of the best in the world. You also have Cynthia and Pat who can tell you all about the Indy.

The surgery will be tough, but it is an investment in your future. Because of going to Dr. Steinberg, you are going to have a lot more future so it will certainly be worth the investment of the surgery and recovery time.

I wish the very best for you!
Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

13 years 6 months ago #34350 by Humpy
Replied by Humpy on topic Second opinion probably saved my life
A second opinion DID save my life.

Geeze, I was supposed to be having fun through all this?
Now ya tell me..................

Looking back, having my guts cut out (RC), and the prospect of death, and the recovery, was a really good, fun time!
NOT!

Gimme a break

Jim

Age 54
T1NOMX,Grade 3 Urothelial CIS (Carcinoma in Situ)
Neobladder 5/19/2009
Prostate Capsule Sparing
U of M Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan

13 years 6 months ago #34348 by mamatrausch
Replied by mamatrausch on topic Second opinion probably saved my life
Pat,
I sure hope my indy likes me!!!! I will be having the R/C on Oct 27. thank you for your frank conversations and suggestions on line. You made me QUESTION!! and ASK (my angel)
much love julie

T1/G3-CIS 10-01-2010
10-27-2010-Indiana Pouch

13 years 6 months ago #34346 by Patricia
Replied by Patricia on topic Second opinion probably saved my life
XXXOOO back Julie.....
I'm lightning up now!! :laugh:
I too have an Indiana Pouch whose name is Hal and he's very well behaved after 8 yrs...even lets me eat dairy now. I knew i'd win him over..how could he resist a hot fudge sundae?
Please keep us informed of next steps and we'll be here for you!!
Pat

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne