NO TURBT after cystoscopy?

13 years 6 months ago #33737 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic NO TURBT after cystoscopy?
lena,

At this point until you get test results back from all the test your Mothers doctor is running there is no way to tell what you are dealing with hopefully it will be something simple and easy to deal with.

What I am more worried about is your level of anxiety over this situation. This forum is here to support people dealing with bladder cancer and I am not sure it is what you need right now, not that you are not welcome. Until we know what your mother is dealing with I am more worried about you. I think you might wish to check out some of these sites they are much like this one but deal with people dealing with stress and anxiety. They would be more able to help to make this easier on you. Also I believe that another poster had suggested you might wish to check in with your own doctor and let them know that you are having problems as being so stressed is not good for anyone.

Please do not feel that we do not wish to help you we are all about support. But your stress level is so high that I wish to make sure you are getting the sort of support that you need.

Be well and please keep us updated.

www.anxietytribe.com/

www.dailystrength.org/c/Anxiety/support-group

A list of online support for anxiety

psychcentral.com/resources/Anxiety_and_Panic/Support_Groups/

www.copetoday.com/stress-anxiety?gclid=CPuB1qDQ5qMCFUWC5QodThfckw

Cynthia Kinsella
T2 g3 CIS 8/04
Clinical Trial
Chemotherapy & Radiation 10/04-12/04
Chemotherapy 3/05-5/05
BCG 9/05-1-06
RC w/umbilical Indiana pouch 5/06
Left Nephrectomy 1/09
President American Bladder Cancer Society

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #33736 by mmc
Replied by mmc on topic NO TURBT after cystoscopy?
Lena,

It is normal to do a TURBT if they find a tumor during cystoscopy. Your mom's urologist did not find a tumor.

If he took random biopsy samples during the cystoscopy, then he was being especially diligent AND your mom is especially tough because when they tried to grab a sample from me during cystoscopy I went through the roof.

Mike

PS: Yes, it is a good sign. Everything so far that the doctor has done has been a good sign. The part where he said at this point he doesn't think it is anything serious but just wants to run some more tests to be sure is a very good sign so far. :) All you can do now is wait for the results of the various test that have been done.

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

13 years 6 months ago #33735 by lena
NO TURBT after cystoscopy? was created by lena
Is this a normal procedure to have a TURBT if they notice anything by cystoscopy ????
My mother did the cystoscopy and dr did a biopsy at the same time.Is this a good sign that there is nothing serious?
Is this possible that even if they dont see any tumor or serioussomething the cancer will be present there ??

thanks

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne