Post-op appointment with Nurse Practitioner?

13 years 7 months ago #33722 by Kimberly
Replied by Kimberly on topic Post-op appointment with Nurse Practitioner?
Thanks, Mike! When I talked to the doctor last week initially about the pathology report, he said TURBT #2 in six weeks. I want to get that scheduled now so I can get an early morning appointment for that. Last week's surgery wasn't until after 6 pm. Talk about a long day! :ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #33721 by mmc
Kimberly,

Glad you are doing well after the TURBT!

It may just be the follow up appointment to go over pathology results. I guess it's a matter of opinion on whether that needs to be the doctor or a nurse practioner. I've dealt with some nurse practitioners that I felt were more knowledgeable than the doctors they worked for and then again some were a pain in the butt also.

He/She can probably explain everything from the pathology report with you though and if you don't feel like you are getting the information you need, you can request to see the doctor while you are there.

Let us know what they say on your report. Yes, it is always good to get a wnd opinion on the slides and Johns Hopkins is certainly a good place.

Keeping fingers crossed for you on the pathology.
If this is the first TURBT, you want to be asking them about when your second is scheduled for. It is good practice to have a 2nd TURB six to eight weeks after the first.

Mike

Age 54
10/31/06 dx CIS (TisG3) non-invasive (at 47)
9/19/08 TURB/TUIP dx Invasive T2G3
10/8/08 RC neobladder(at 49)
2/15/13 T4G3N3M1 distant metastases(at 53)
9/2013 finished chemo -cancer free again
1/2014 ct scan results....distant mets
2/2014 ct result...spread to liver, kidneys, and lymph...

13 years 7 months ago #33720 by Kimberly
Happy Tuesday, everyone!

I had my TURB last Tuesday ... gee, what fond memories. My doctor's office called this morning to confirm my post-op appointment on Thursday, and it is with the Nurse Practitioner. Should I be seeing the urologist? They won't be doing a cystoscopy this soon, will they?

I was going to ask about sending my slides out for a second opinion -- probably Johns Hopkins as has been suggested here.

Moderators: Cynthiaeddieksara.anne